Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just spent the last week (19.5 hours total install time, including wiring, mounting the Power Commander 5 display, ect) and just wanted to say that I was completely blown away with the quality of the kit. Every component was basically a work of art in my opinion. The fit and finish was amazing, and it was completely plug and play as I was told by Kyle, it would be. The car is dialed in perfectly, without a single element of tuning required.

It completely changed the car.. its loud, FAST... and just hilariously fun. 2wd is useless until 4th gear. It ran all weekend without a single issue.
(had to re-tighten the header nuts once... thats it)

I know you've all heard it before, but I thought i'd add my personal opinion.

yxz2.jpg yxz.jpg yxz3.jpg yxz4.jpg yxz5.JPG

·
Registered
504 Posts
This is the kit I will be purchasing, I was hoping they would have had a Black Friday sale on it but no luck. Good to hear more positive results.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
My car ran all week like a scalded dog. The RPM/Weller turbo set up with the Tubeworks 45/15 is a beautiful beast to drive!!!! This thing will pull hard all the way to the moon in 3rd gear. However, I am thinking I need more rear paddle now, which is a good thing. In 1st and 2nd gear it goes directly to rev limiter immediately and then in 3rd its does the hard pulling. What a fun ride

·
Registered
541 Posts
My car ran all week like a scalded dog. The RPM/Weller turbo set up with the Tubeworks 45/15 is a beautiful beast to drive!!!! This thing will pull hard all the way to the moon in 3rd gear. However, I am thinking I need more rear paddle now, which is a good thing. In 1st and 2nd gear it goes directly to rev limiter immediately and then in 3rd its does the hard pulling. What a fun ride
Try comp cut #2 STU's

·
Registered
294 Posts
What boost are you running? Did you do the rods also?

Glad to see the turbo is doing great for you. I'd love to get one some time, just have to get the boss to ok the expense. (she works, I'm retired)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
What boost are you running? Did you do the rods also?

Glad to see the turbo is doing great for you. I'd love to get one some time, just have to get the boss to ok the expense. (she works, I'm retired)
I believe all the RPM/ Weller Turbo kits are set up to run at 7 lbs of boost with all stock internals.
No internal engine work needed at 7 lbs and no loss of reliability. Car runs STRONG!!!!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I will say this about the turbo kit with the 45/15 gear reduction. Im not sure I want to go any faster with this wheel base. My car hit 83 mph very quickly going down the drags and it had more to give but that was enough. Its also pretty darn quick with the gearing change

·
Registered
418 Posts
I will say this about the turbo kit with the 45/15 gear reduction. Im not sure I want to go any faster with this wheel base. My car hit 83 mph very quickly going down the drags and it had more to give but that was enough. Its also pretty darn quick with the gearing change
This was a run down to duners diner that me and my buddy mike ran the 52 miles round trip in under an hr and we were there looking at new structure for about 10 of those minutes.... his garmen said our average speed was 86 mph....my car will pull HARD till about 96 on paddles and that is about all she’s got!! But I’m happy with that for just DASA cams and DASA pipe and flash... but i will tell you there is no way i would be able to go that fast without the fireball long travel and new dual rate springs.... very floaty at 96 he had some people in his car and i would catch up alongside him and they were like” fuck that little thing is fast” lol and then he would pull a 5th gear 90mph wheelie and i would back off lol, but ya these cars shit and get For being a sxs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
RPM makes a bad ass kit....over 1k miles on mine through hard pack and dunes. Picking up their fuel system and to aid in turning up the boost. Engine tear down starts this weekend.
Interested in your process on this. Post up pics and updates on your build!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
DD, did you correct the speedometer calibrations on your car after you had the 45/15 regear done? I just did the 45/15/10 on mine, and immediately noticed the speedometer was showing 8 mph faster than true GPS readings. The TW regear in any version jacks it all up, and it is not accurate anymore. I bought and installed a "speedohealer" module and now have my car corrected perfectly in synch with GPS speed readings. Just an FYI, and something to think about.
I am going to post a thread and some pics regarding speedometer reading correction for those of us that have the TW re-gearing done.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Where did you get the speedo healer?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Where did you get the speedo healer?
West coast distributor of Speedohealer:
Blue Monkey Motorsports
bluemonkeymotorsports.com

Model SHV4AB-SH-H05

Was $123 shipped.

This little gem is an easy install, and works magic!
Speedo reais dead nuts on the money now.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
DD, did you correct the speedometer calibrations on your car after you had the 45/15 regear done? I just did the 45/15/10 on mine, and immediately noticed the speedometer was showing 8 mph faster than true GPS readings. The TW regear in any version jacks it all up, and it is not accurate anymore. I bought and installed a "speedohealer" module and now have my car corrected perfectly in synch with GPS speed readings. Just an FYI, and something to think about.
I am going to post a thread and some pics regarding speedometer reading correction for those of us that have the TW re-gearing done.
No I haven't corrected the speedo and yes I know it s reading high because I have 30" tires as well. Its all seat of the pants anyways :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts