Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
2019 White SS SE/GYTRv1 Turbo
553 Posts
Just took the car out yesterday that thing is wild, way more than I ever expected, clutch didn’t feel weird or anything hopefully it holds up for a bit, my car does only have 300 miles tho so maybe the clutch still has some good life
Yeah, I was pretty happy with the GYTR setup too. But I already know I will want a bit more, so hope to get some exhaust and start upping the boost a bit soon.

If your car has had a pretty easy 300 miles, yeah that clutch should be like new. What oil do you have in your trans?

· Registered
428 Posts
@JoelRM *** when I mentioned friends that have smoked their clutches was in the sand where there is more resistance turning the wheels. One on Carnivores and one on paddles... Weller/GYTR .... You might get a little more life on regular terrain.

I know damn well you are breaking traction anywhere when you mash on the pedal 🤣 so for now the clutch will hold up.

Only other thing is get an AFR gauge/sensor or the Wideband CX that plugs and plays with the Power Vision. (If you don't already). I forget if you have mentioned these items.

Gauge pod/gauge/sensor probably same price as wideband cx. I'll be going with the Wideband, cleaner look on the dash, everything out of the PV3 screen.

· Registered
553 Posts
@RobBeck yea i barely did the full service just ran all yamaha stuff, yea I’m running just the Weller straight pipe sounds good. With the full Weller setup I feel no lagg at all
Yeah I think that Weller turbo is much much smaller than what is in the GYTR kits, so I am sure it responds better even being that it is a Journal Bearing setup. Having an open exhaust also will help turbo response a lot. The more I read about rod weaknesses (even 19+), the more I am happier to have a turbo that doesn't respond any sooner than what it does already, and has a very free flowing housing which also helps stretch octane limits. Low RPM + boost/torque + Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) will put much more strain on the rods, which will not matter as much until you start wanting to up the boost.

As for the trans fluid, there are 2 Yamaha Trans oiling options:
1) Yamaha All Purpose (AP) 10w-40
2) Yamaha Synthetic 15w-50

Do you recall which you used specifically?

· Registered
553 Posts
@JoelRM *** when I mentioned friends that have smoked their clutches was in the sand where there is more resistance turning the wheels. One on Carnivores and one on paddles... Weller/GYTR .... You might get a little more life on regular terrain.

I know damn well you are breaking traction anywhere when you mash on the pedal 🤣 so for now the clutch will hold up.

Only other thing is get an AFR gauge/sensor or the Wideband CX that plugs and plays with the Power Vision. (If you don't already). I forget if you have mentioned these items.

Gauge pod/gauge/sensor probably same price as wideband cx. I'll be going with the Wideband, cleaner look on the dash, everything out of the PV3 screen.
That Dynojet full setup is probably would I would get if I had to do it over again, everything available in one display and is water resistant for outdoor use. I may end up converting over to the PC6/Autotune/POD-300 when said and done lol.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@RobBeck yea Im running the synthetic on the motor and the all purpose on the trans I guess all purpose is better for the trans? That’s what the dealer told me and that’s what they been putting in the gytr turbo yxz they sell, yea I’m running the new pv3 from weller at first I was completely confused about it , maybe since it’s my first Sxs and it’s my first turbo car, but I installed everything (turbo kit and pv3) my self in about a day and yea the pv3 displays boost and afr I think also, ide have to check don’t have it fully setup, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t running to much boost and nope all day ran 7psi

· Registered
553 Posts
@RobBeck yea Im running the synthetic on the motor and the all purpose on the trans I guess all purpose is better for the trans? That’s what the dealer told me and that’s what they been putting in the gytr turbo yxz they sell, yea I’m running the new pv3 from weller at first I was completely confused about it , maybe since it’s my first Sxs and it’s my first turbo car, but I installed everything (turbo kit and pv3) my self in about a day and yea the pv3 displays boost and afr I think also, ide have to check don’t have it fully setup, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t running to much boost and nope all day ran 7psi
Cool. Yeah I'm seeing more of a trend here, which adds up considering how smooth the clutch operation becomes with the heavier Yamaha synthetic 15w-50, in that the thicker synthetic could make the clutch more likely to start slipping when pushed to the outer edge of torque capacity. Not to say my clutch was going to last forever, but prior to my first ride on the GYTR Turbo kit I made the mistake of swapping trans oil and used the Yamaha 15w-50 Synthetic vs. the Yamaha 10w-40 All Purpose I'd always ran. And in my case the clutch starting slipping the first time into boost in 4th/5th. I'd stick with that 10w-40 oil in the trans and see how far you can go with it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@ZUMNyxzSS @RobBeck , took the yxz out today for some runs and it was launching hard a little to hard 4wd launches and front wheels where coming off the ground, have either of you guys heard of a 2 step setup for the yxz or something to control the rpm’s when using the factory launch control?

· Registered
180 Posts
@ZUMNyxzSS @RobBeck , took the yxz out today for some runs and it was launching hard a little to hard 4wd launches and front wheels where coming off the ground, have either of you guys heard of a 2 step setup for the yxz or something to control the rpm’s when using the factory launch control?
@Whatuhunit ide have to see what the difference is I’m running the new pv3 setup from weller

If you already are turboed and have your tuner it wouldn’t be worth the swap. To my knowledge your setup will not display AFR without paying for the additional sensor, it’s about $400. Pcv/pc5 gives the ability for having a 2 step and the ability to shut down injectors when shifting for safer full throttle no lift shift

· Registered
428 Posts
@JoelRM the factory launch control is a 2 step system.

I would contact DynoJet and see if there is a flash tune that they can give you a different max rpm during launch and a max rpm during normal driving.

i would also contact Alba.

These rpm limits are both adjustable because Albas transmission flash to your Transmission control module does this. They recommended setting this at 8000 rpm. It's a $299 flash through them.

With the power core software you use for the Power Vision 3 you should have the ability to adjust launch RPM?

They have this in the launch control module piggyback for the Canam and the PV3 for the Talon, might work different so I would ask Dyno Jet and Alba for more info.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts