Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on Weller's website and see that you can put a deposit on their turbo kit that looks like it will be released in Feb of 21. Does anyone have any info or speculation on the kit? What type of turbo? Price? What ECU programming? From the pics it seems to be air to air intercooler?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jason said it would be around 4500 and capable of 20+psi. Id imagine that makes the kit (with the proper supporting mods) capable of around 300whp.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just bought the Weller turbo and full engine build 10k taking my 2016 YXZ to Weller in March for the them to do the work.Also going to have the shocks done at the same time.I will have a complete Weller exhaust for sale, after the turbo install.Kyle at Weller said The turbo comes with a new exhaust and mufflers.Then it's off to Glamis for some fun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know I can not wait.My buddy has the Weller turbo (been running it for 2yrs) No trouble at all runs like a bat out of hell on pump gas.He also is getting the shock done at the same time (March) at Weller.With the performance that the turbo gives these cars you need a better suspension.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just bought the Weller turbo and full engine build 10k taking my 2016 YXZ to Weller in March for the them to do the work.Also going to have the shocks done at the same time.I will have a complete Weller exhaust for sale, after the turbo install.Kyle at Weller said The turbo comes with a new exhaust and mufflers.Then it's off to Glamis for some fun.
Keep in touch with me about the Weller exhaust. I’ll be interested! (419)651-8081. Or pm me on here. Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
Keep in touch with me about the Weller exhaust. I’ll be interested! (419)651-8081. Or pm me on here. Josh

I will let you know about the exhaust.I am going to weller on March 22nd for the work should be there all week then going to Glamis dunes for some fun.If your in the Chandler AZ. area or Glamis on those dates let me know.
Contact Monty 707-685-5473 I will put your number on my contact list.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m in Ohio so you would have to be Willy to ship.

I can box it up and ship to you.When it gets removed I will see how much to ship it to you UPS or FEDX? I paid 1250.00 for the system new from weller how doe's 700.00 sound plus shipping.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got a call from Kyle at Weller today seem like the turbo kits are back order.My build was moved to April 19th.Originally it was March 20th.Kyle said they should be in late March or 1st week in April. I was 16th on the list for the new updated turbos.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What is the difference between their new turbo and the old turbo?
Kyle said there new system has a better air filter system,no turbo lag,faster spool up new exhaust manifold ,turbo made in Canada did not tell me the manufacture but said they make turbos for a lot of car companies and turbo would be capable for 20lbs boost.So far thats all the info I have I will know more when they do the install and engine build in April.I hope there no more back orders.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got a call from Kyle at Weller Racing Turbo kits are in and my build is all set for 4/19/2021.If you go on there web site there is a full listing of the new turbo kit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks closer to $6000 with the tuning and exhaust. I wonder how the intercooler is gonna do in any kind of mud being where it's located. Looks like a very nice kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looks closer to $6000 with the tuning and exhaust. I wonder how the intercooler is gonna do in any kind of mud being where it's located. Looks like a very nice kit.
My complete build(turbo, engine build with 10.5 piston,rods, dyno tuning, weller exhaust and power commander 5) was 10995.00.My buddy had his Yamaha done by weller 2 yrs ago and it has been bullet proof.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Picked up my yxz at Weller Racing April 2021 new turbo and supension dyno run shows 166 hp and 105 ft lbs torque with only 8.5 lbs boost engine pulls hard from 2000 to 9000 rpm no lag just keeps building hp.the suspension wrok is fantastic what a difference see the whoops don't even think about them just go for it the shocks soak them up like they not there.This is how Yamaha should have done it going in from the start.Weller does a class A job very clean install all nuts and bolts are marked with a color seal so you know all parts are torque and tight also they installed a kevlar clutch kit. to hold the trubo hp Kyle said he could go 10 pounds boost but I would need to replace injectors.and it would make over 220 hp at RWs something to think about latter on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just had the shake-down run of my Weller turbo kit this weekend at the cinders and other than some issues at the drags it ran like a raped ape. I was worried about heat at altitude but it never got any hotter than it had before and pulled all hills but $100 easily in 3rd gear 50-55mph +/-

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had the shake-down run of my Weller turbo kit this weekend at the cinders and other than some issues at the drags it ran like a raped ape. I was worried about heat at altitude but it never got any hotter than it had before and pulled all hills but $100 easily in 3rd gear 50-55mph +/-
I know Weller kit is awesome makes power from just off idle all the way up the rpm range.Dunes that I ues to pull in 2nd I now pull in 4th and 5th the top comes up quick. these things rip

1 - 20 of 25 Posts