Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Any more updates, thoughts or issues?
The turbo kit is class a all the way.The tune that weller has is spot on my A/F ratio never got leaner then 11.5 ran all day at Flonce Or. A/F stayed at 9.5 to 11.5 (the higher the no# the leaner) this A/F is spot on no issues at all engine temp stayed at 190f .The only thing I don't care for is the Kevlar clutch it won't release when putting in gear( lots of clunking).I was told by kyle at Weller that over time it will seat in and it needs this type of clutch to hold the H/P the trubo can make(time will tell) I will say say that the clutch is very positive holds the H/P and torque very good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The turbo kit is class a all the way.The tune that weller has is spot on my A/F ratio never got leaner then 11.5 ran all day at Flonce Or. A/F stayed at 9.5 to 11.5 (the higher the no# the leaner) this A/F is spot on no issues at all engine temp stayed at 190f .The only thing I don't care for is the Kevlar clutch it won't release when putting in gear( lots of clunking).I was told by kyle at Weller that over time it will seat in and it needs this type of clutch to hold the H/P the trubo can make(time will tell) I will say say that the clutch is very positive holds the H/P and torque very good.
thanks for the input! I have a dirt digger clutch and pressure plate, hopefully it holds up.
What boost are you running? I plan to run the minimum 7psi for a while

·
Registered
57 Posts
thanks for the input! I have a dirt digger clutch and pressure plate, hopefully it holds up.
What boost are you running? I plan to run the minimum 7psi for a while
8IBS on mine. Kyle says 10lbs easy but suggest to install larger injectors the stock ones would be at there maxs with 10lbs boost so I went with the 8lb boost I don't know what 10lbs would be like but 8lbs is more then enough power and it keeps running gear intact. I did a launch out of a hole and it did a big ass wheel stand and carried it for about 20 feet I let off the gas it scared the hell out of me I don't mean a little wheelie we are talking straight up in the air and going about 20MPH All in all you can not beat the Weller turbo and tune.I also had them do a full turbo engine build piston,rods,head studes and tune with a closed loop system for A/F control.If you do a turbo I would suggest to take to Weller and have it done Kyle will dyno tune it for max HP and A/F ratio.Well worth the cost to do it wright the first time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had the shake-down run of my Weller turbo kit this weekend at the cinders and other than some issues at the drags it ran like a raped ape. I was worried about heat at altitude but it never got any hotter than it had before and pulled all hills but $100 easily in 3rd gear 50-55mph +/-
Darkjuju what make of clutch are you running Weller installed a kevlar clutch and the heavy duty pressure plate it is the Barnett set up.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts