Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys,
can anyone share their experiences with either of these reputable companies ECM flashes for a GYTR turbo with slip on exhaust set up.

Over the weekend my buddy and I went for a test trip to the dunes (Sand Lake Oregon) My buddy was having trouble with his machine so he asked for us to switch ECM. I remove mine and we swap it out. He goes for a run and comes back with a shit eating grin on his face, His machine is screaming and very responsive. I slap in the Weller tune into my machine and limp back to my buddy with a less than fake smile as my machine turned into a slug. I demand we swap back immediately and so we swap back our ECM's. My machine reunited with the Alba tune screams around the dunes once again and his machine was limping the rest of the day.

For context We both have 2019 YXZ
Buddy: 1000R with HMF slip on
Me: 1000 R SE with Trinity slip on
Both have GYTR turbo set ups

Buddy had an Alba flash but recently decided to reflash with Weller so that both fans turn on at the same time and his machine has not been right since

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
612 Posts
As far as I know Weller doesn’t have a ECU flash for a GYTR turbo so call and ask what they did to your buddies ECU. As far as ECU flash tunes for GYTR turbo kits the businesses that have most ALL the notoriety are DLP, ALBA, DASA Racing, Alba being by far the most popular, Nate at Alba developes their tunes, he is a great gunner. DASA Racing makes the GYTR kit and knows it very well.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
With my 2019 YXZ SS SE, I had Weller originally flash my ECU. It ran awful. I sent it back and had them put it back to stock and installed a Power Commander 5. I ran this for about 18 months, and it ran good during this time. Here recently, I ended up having Dirt Launch Powersport (DLP) reflash my ECM and I removed the PC5. All I can say is WOW! DLP can tune your ECM for the GYTR turbo as well. These guys know their stuff, they helped Yamaha with the ECM tune for the GYTR turbo. Give them a call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts