Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the spirited banter of this forum. I'm thinking we have a lot of frustrated SXS enthusiasts and we're starting to eat our young.

As I sit back sipping on my, err, ummm, 7th or 8th beverage, watching the end of the career of one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game (really? coach is calling the offense in Denver now?), I collect all the thoughts of this forum from the past two days. I have come to the conclusion that this sport we love has been largely defined by American snowmobile manufacturers - for better or worse (mostly better). They seem to be the only companies willing to give us power-hungry, thrill-seeking patriots what we want. Until now. Finally a Japanese manufacturer has weighed the cost of litigation exposure against positive market gain and decided to throw their hat in the ring. I know it's not exactly what we wanted. But its a start. With the participation of the big four Japanese manufacturers, the ante will be upped. I am sad to say that my experience with the sled companies has been a love/hate relationship. I love them for making what I want but hate them for falling short on reliability, fit & finish. That's just MY experience. Go roast somebody else if you're experience has been different.

The facts as I know it; based on a 30 year history of owning Japanese brands, is that their involvement will force an evolution of quality & reliability. This YXZ may not be the fastest or best looking option, but I predict it will introduce a level of quality in both workmanship and material to our segment that has yet to exist. Finally. That will force the others to shit or get off the pot. That can only be good for the consumer.

Honda, Toyota, Nissan (Datsun) all did this to the auto industry in the 80's and we can indirectly credit them for the amazing Rams, Fords and Chevy's we use to pull our toys today.

In all our debates, I feel we share a common theme in that we are loyal to brand but willing to consider a jump if it makes sense. That did not happen because we were elated with what we have experienced to date. It's because we love the thrill and everything that comes from a weekend doing what we enjoy, and we want to do it fast, comfortably, and affordably.

Bring on the YXZ. Bring on the Honda whatever. Let's see the Suzuki four legged Ninja. And, for Gods sake, lets get the Italians and Germans to join the fun. Ducati? KTM? Buell? Wonder how good that XP, Mav, & Cat will get once the quality bar has been elevated.

Buuuurrrrrppp

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol!!!!! Clink!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
GREAT THOUGHTS. AWESOME READlNG THAT. l THINK PACE OFFROAD IS SHOWING THEM WHAT THE FUTURE LOOKS LIKE.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm glad to be in this sport, and glad to be here. I may not have a Yamaha just yet but I do like the group here. we all get bent sometimes but that's ok, it's a forum and I think we're all here to listen and learn. Cheers!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have seen OB over on GD.com he definitely falls into the ornery category haha!
You think he is ornery now you should have seen him this day.........the story is some one stole his rail and this is how he "found" it ...........I guess lucky for him the guy couldn't post-5698-1256933581_thumb.jpg drive..........lol! Tim

·
Registered
265 Posts
Haha, oh those days are always fun.

I am sure he will be happy you posted the pic.

Nice car though, those SCU are so clean and dialed in

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cool sand rail now we need a GPS tracking security system with auto buried mode :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
A sand rail with a winch, not likely. You have basically two options, the first, find somebody with a Super Strap, and enough horsepower to pull you out. The second option SUCKS, start digging, LOL. I been lucky/unlucky enough to have done both.
This happened because he let out of the throttle?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts