Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay... I have a 2019 yxz 1000r ss se
My heads spinning because I don't know what to put on this thing... (Im a east coast trail rider.)

Of course it will eventually get it all but what I want to know is......

*What are your top 3 mods that you couldn't live without?
(Excluding a roof and exhaust because I already have that. lol)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Spare tire carrier, ECU tune, Weller rear frame brace.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Tubeworks clutch oil mod, Roll cage with windshield, and i am not sure which one is next, maybe ecu flash or could be dual rate springs??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
For the 2019 SS SE, you don't need a roll cage or clutch oil mod. I have 5400 miles on my 2019 and I have the windshield, GYTR harnesses, and the Power Commander V tune.
I had a 2016 YXZ SE (9K miles), I did the clutch mod, etc. Don't need it for 2019 SS SE. Spare the expensive mods and just have fun! 2019 is a different machine, I love it. Go for the GYTR turbo if you really want to give yourself a present. 30" tires are another mod you should consider, better ground clearance. I have gone to 32" tires, they do not rub and best mod for your ride quality and they just eat up the bumps. I did install 4+3 beadlocks to help with clearance for the 32" tires.

·
Registered
991 Posts
For the 2019 SS SE, you don't need a roll cage or clutch oil mod. I have 5400 miles on my 2019 and I have the windshield, GYTR harnesses, and the Power Commander V tune.
I had a 2016 YXZ SE (9K miles), I did the clutch mod, etc. Don't need it for 2019 SS SE. Spare the expensive mods and just have fun! 2019 is a different machine, I love it. Go for the GYTR turbo if you really want to give yourself a present. 30" tires are another mod you should consider, better ground clearance. I have gone to 32" tires, they do not rub and best mod for your ride quality and they just eat up the bumps. I did install 4+3 beadlocks to help with clearance for the 32" tires.
I would still do a cage, factory still really only makes a good roof support.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1. Harnesses
2. Cage
3. Winch ( either the Weller or the Houser hide away so it doesn't stick out in the front)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Woow... so all he got was a broken collar bone?
And what winch and bumper set up will prevent the endo?

If he didn't have that winch on do you think he would have crashed and bent his frame?
I think not having his harnesses tight enough might have caused the collar break. He wasn't going fast, maybe 20 mph. That jump is only about 3' tall but its kind of steep and short, good for MX but bad for a sxs. The bumper and winch dug in and it rolled over. I went over the same jump in mine a couple months prior and rode the front wheels at least 50'. Luckily I had my winch mounted inside the frame and was in 4wd and was on the gas and saved it. You can literally pick up the oem whole cage with 2 fingers. Several companies have an internal winch mount.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1- Cage yes you still need a cage #1 if you value your life
2- ECU flash with unplugged stock muffler minimum
3- 5 point harness

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. Cage
2. Harness
3. ECU and Exhaust Tip
4. 30'' Tires and 5:2 offset rims
I have two 19 SS SE and have done the same mods to each first up. Didn't drive them till Cage and Harness were done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Cage
2. Harness
3. ECU and Exhaust Tip
4. 30'' Tires and 5:2 offset rims
I have two 19 SS SE and have done the same mods to each first up. Didn't drive them till Cage and Harness were done.
I have a new set of 4:4 offset wheels that I'm going to mount 30" or 32" (probably Terrabites). Do you think they will rub?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My heads spinning because I don't know what to put on this thing... (Im a east coast trail rider.)

Cage, 5 point harnesses

·
Registered
6 Posts

I’m an east coast rider too. I have a 2017 SS with a turbo. I installed the Tubeworks IRP and 30” tires and couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
8 Posts

911 fenders, stereo and rear storage.

·
Registered
52 Posts

You mention "roof", If you are referring to a cage that's good. If you are not, then the very first thing to get is a cage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Belts - 5 point harnesses (I believe my 5 points saved me from a neck injury) I would also consider seats.
Cage
Lights - stock suck in my opinion
Turbo Kit - If you put exhaust on your going to spend +$1,000 and still need a tune and filter. The turbo comes with the exhaust, tune and filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1. Pod lights or light bar because the headlights suck.
2.Storage box because there is no storage.
3. 4 or 5 point harness is a must.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts