Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ultimate clutch for sport shift with a turbo. GYTR with rekluse torqdrive inters?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm running the GYTR billet clutch. Working great GYTR with exhaust and stage 2 tune. I hammer it in the dunes all day long. Not sure what next step better would be. There is a new Lock Out clutch in development that is due out soon and supposed to hold big horsepower. Developer is staying quiet until patent is processed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
"There is a new Lock Out clutch in development that is due out soon and supposed to hold big horsepower. Developer is staying quiet until patent is processed."

For the love of all things great and small, please let this be the answer to YXZ SS high horsepower limitations! Seriously, I bought the SS because paddle shifting is the way high-end cars, that I can not afford, are done. I plan to turbo and hate to think I can only use a small amount of the potential just because 1 small part can't handle the clutch spring pressure.

·
Registered
155 Posts
"There is a new Lock Out clutch in development that is due out soon and supposed to hold big horsepower. Developer is staying quiet until patent is processed."

For the love of all things great and small, please let this be the answer to YXZ SS high horsepower limitations! Seriously, I bought the SS because paddle shifting is the way high-end cars, that I can not afford, are done. I plan to turbo and hate to think I can only use a small amount of the potential just because 1 small part can't handle the clutch spring pressure.
I hear ya. You can still go pretty far with a clutch upgrade. I'm GYTR stage two and my GYTR Billet clutch is holding up good in the Dunes. I've been talking with the developer that has made the lock out clutch. He's trying to get his patent now and than he will be shipping some out. Still needs some testing in big HP cars but it should hold up. Looks promising. I would like to go to 300hp next year

·
Registered
3 Posts
He doesn't need a patent to bring it to market. A patent pending will give him the same or better protection as an actual patent for a lot less money and wasted time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The problem wasn’t just the clutch it’s the actuator it self that can’t handle heavier duty spring need to handle the higher HP

·
Registered
155 Posts
The problem wasn’t just the clutch it’s the actuator it self that can’t handle heavier duty spring need to handle the higher HP
The Lock out clutches don't require a stronger actuator

·
Registered
155 Posts
He doesn't need a patent to bring it to market. A patent pending will give him the same or better protection as an actual patent for a lot less money and wasted time.
I'm sorry, that is what he is going for, his patent pending status

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what I like to see. Can't wait for that new clutch. I need to do some modding during this stay at home order trash.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Any SS owners running the Rekluse torque drive with the heavier springs? Any idea when the lockout clutch will be available. Turbo motor going together now and idk what to do for a clutch..........

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lockout clutch is still coming. No release date yet but soon. I'm running GYTR billet with turbo in the dunes and it's holding up well

·
Registered
63 Posts
What springs are people running in the SS with a rekluse torqdrive? Can the actuator handle 6 firm springs or 3/3, or do you have to use all soft springs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok when is this Lockout clutch going to be available? Looks like the GYTR clutch kit is on back order I was hoping for this Lockout clutch.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ok when is this Lockout clutch going to be available? Looks like the GYTR clutch kit is on back order I was hoping for this Lockout clutch.
Look on the facebook forums, the cat is out of the bag. John at JTE has announced the lockout clutch. Message him to get on the list, it's amazing! Now you can put all the HP you want in your SS with the stock actuator!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Another option on the horizon. Dirtlaunch Powersports has a kit coming out that includes modified actuator and GYTR clutch that will hold 300+ hp.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Another option on the horizon. Dirtlaunch Powersports has a kit coming out that includes modified actuator and GYTR clutch that will hold 300+ hp.
I would go with the JTE kit before the Dirtlaunch kit. You know the history of the actuator problems on HD springs and the JTE kit uses stock actuator with no additional load put on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts