Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everyone with forced induction should get this Boost Lok kit. I smoked my 2019 stock clutch at Glamis on new years at only 10LBS of boost . Ordered this kit from John at JTE and had a blast at 18LBS and no slippage whatsoever. The kit is very very easy to install most DYI guys or gals can do this this right in their garage. Highly Recommended !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the JTE system use stock plates? Pneumatic...does this mean air driven?
Yes you can use stock plates or upgraded SS plates. Once the system receives the boost the boost Lok applies more pressure to the diaphragm pressure plate and there will be no slippage. John has tested this at 435 Wheel HP on a dyno with no slippage whatsoever.
I smokED my stock 2019 SS clutch on New Years 2021. I Bought the Boost Lok kit the next day and I'm very satisfied with the performance. The only side effect is no clutch slippage!!!.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes you can use stock plates or upgraded SS plates. Once the system receives the boost the boost Lok applies more pressure to the diaphragm pressure plate and there will be no slippage. John has tested this at 435 Wheel HP on a dyno with no slippage whatsoever.
I smokED my stock 2019 SS clutch on New Years 2021. I Bought the Boost Lok kit the next day and I'm very satisfied with the performance. The only side effect is no clutch slippage!!!.
I agree a lockout clutch is the only way to go with forced induction; should not be needed otherwise I would think. My turbo Raptor @ 130HP burned up a lockout clutch in one afternoon at the dunes. Actually twisted off the clutch basket casing requiring new cases. The lockout solved the issue and have never had another clutch issue.
I thought Yamaha built the machine to handle the turbo power; guess not. Hopefully that's fixed in the 2022 model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The stock YXZ GYTR Clutch will handle the turbo no problem, 180+ HP with no slippage. When Tires sizes get changed and things like that, it impacts the clutch operation.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes that's the one I went with it's a little expensive but in my opinion it's better than the stock clutch even a stock application. It seems to be smoother to engage when low speed is needed. I guess what I am saying is that this is what they should have put this one in at the factory.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts