Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Blasting your way thru a mud bog or crawling up rocks is much more extreme than cruising the blvd. IMO It is mostly about shock loads. If the lubricant doesn't have sufficient film strength for the shock loads you are imposing on it you will start to chew up the gears. Also keep in mind that there is a much higher dosage of anti wear additive in heavier motor oils that IMO give you the high pressure protection you are looking for. I use M1 15-50. It has a massive dosage of zddp 1200ppm if memory is correct. ATF ...seriously for a racer that rebuilds between races or seasons it may win the race but for me winning the race means i don't rebuild it for many years.

https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think allot of banshee guys on bansheehq back in the day used type f in their bikes. I think I may have to, that may be why I still have a bottle lying around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Oh goody - an oil thread!

I'm reliably advised that an oats porridge mix made with full-cream milk gives a very quiet transmission. Can somebody please try it and report back?

[Serious mode] As was said earlier, Yamaha don't generally employ idiots. The also have access to every type of lube available. I'm certain that if porridge oats or ATF was a better lube for their product, they would say so. But they didn't when they launched the YXZ and they don't even now. I can't really see an argument for deviating for normal use. [/serious mode]

Should I use hot milk?

And sugar?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maxima MTL fluid in mine. At least when I change it. Just got it back from the dealer for a leaking seal on the driveshaft so Im sure its filled with Yamalube again for now haha

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
oh goody - an oil thread!

I'm reliably advised that an oats porridge mix made with full-cream milk gives a very quiet transmission. Can somebody please try it and report back?

[serious mode] as was said earlier, yamaha don't generally employ idiots. The also have access to every type of lube available. I'm certain that if porridge oats or atf was a better lube for their product, they would say so. But they didn't when they launched the yxz and they don't even now. I can't really see an argument for deviating for normal use. [/serious mode]

should i use hot milk?

And sugar?
lmao.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Excuse me, but after starting a post like you did, there is not near enough info to figure out what you are trying to say.
I don't mean to be rude, but how is oil got anything to do with totaling a vehicle?
Are you saying you totaled it by using yamalube?
Replying to "THE GOAT"

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Excuse me, but after starting a post like you did, there is not near enough info to figure out what you are trying to say.
I don't mean to be rude, but how is oil got anything to do with totaling a vehicle?
Are you saying you totaled it by using yamalube?
Replying to "THE GOAT"
I'm replying to this four years later because I think you may have misinterpreted...or are illiterate. Either way.

The unit in question was flipped and clear a total loss.

With nothing to lose, and no concern for its well-being, o drained the intended oil and filled it with ATF just to see how it would shift.

It behaved as normal. Not better. Not worse. Just meh.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts