Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i upgraded from a '15 tacoma to a tundra. has more than enough power to pull everything so far. trailer brake controller was upgraded, ive had 9k behind it and it pulls like a champ and with the controller set up properly it stops fine as well. my tacoma was crying with anything over 5k. ive even towed out my buddies 3500 dually and travel trailer a few times since he gets stuck everywhere.

just sell the tacoma, good market right now and they hold their value. i bought mine for 25k used, drove it for 3 years and put 68k on it and sold it for 2k more than i paid for it. best truck value out there IMO. got my tundra for thousands less because they get shit mpg but thats not why you get a truck anyways lol
I hear you. I wanted a Tacoma for years, but have certainly found some towing issues with it. I work on the road, so crappy MPG would certainly be an issue. Also, used truck prices are insane right now....😉

·
Registered
17 SS se, 30” Chicanes mounted STI HD5’s, Graves Ti exhaust and tune with air box spacer and more.
74 Posts
Thanks. I'm not crazy about maxing out the load limit. This is my first SXS and enclosed trailer. I have boat trailers, and utility trailers and have had jet ski trailers in the past. None came close to maxing out.
I wouldn’t worry about maxing it trailer axels are under rated for this specific reason! They know people will surpass the ratings. I had enclosed single rated at 2900# ran it 10years at 4200# before braking a spring eye off.

·
Registered
2021 yxz 1000r SS SE
84 Posts
I wouldn't worry. They have a few lbs fudge factor in there. I would suggest good 10ply trailer tires because those will go first. Get a good name brand. I use Goodyear and "Knock on wood" haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
17 SS se, 30” Chicanes mounted STI HD5’s, Graves Ti exhaust and tune with air box spacer and more.
74 Posts
I have a single axle enclosed trailer with a cargo weight limit of 1700 lbs. I am a bit concerned that a car with 1610 weight weight will be pushing it when loaded with fuel, gear tools etc. I am wondering if I need a tandem axle instead. Thoughts?.......Thanks.
I wouldn’t worry to much about the weight limit of the axle, the manufacturer under rates them knowing that people will push the limits. I worked at a trailer manufacturer so I know this as fact. Also I ran a 6x10 enclosed for 10 years that was rated at 3200lbs and I had a little over 4k in it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts