Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be useful for everyone to post their thoughts/pics of rear rack storage ideas for the YXZ. I know Yamaha is going to offer a custom box for back there, but to me it looks kinda small. Now that people are taking delivery of their cars, what is everyone coming up with for storage options other than the OEM Yamaha accessory? Please share with us what you've come up with and where to get it!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm trying to figure something out, tossing a couple ideas around in my head. I might get the cargo box just because it has a spot for the second battery (building a kit myself). But I like the flat rack for sitting on when stopped

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ya I'm hoping some vendor's come out with more option's also do to the Yamaha box looks small in the photo's or I may go to a yeti cooler or dry cargo box :confused:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I saw the box in person and for my needs, it looks great and it will hold the extra battery, a small cooler, tool pouch and sweatshirts. Good enough for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How about something like this that would mount in the bed?
I was planning to make one just like this only bigger. Build it out of 12ga or 16ga or something with the hinged lid and struts. Haven't really nailed down a size/shape yet. I imagine I'll build a couple compartments/holders of some sort inside, a way to mount a cooler on top or behind it and have it powder coated. Going to be time consuming but I suppose it's a good winter project. That's if I get my Blue rig before then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts