Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello new to group, see what you think of this. I have a 16 3 pedal problem started after it sat for about a month would crank over fine but had an extended crank before firing. The next time same scenario but it would kick back and pop a few time then start. went to go for a New Years Eve ride could not get to start just kick back pop and sometimes very loud backfire, pulled the plugs very wet with fuel cleaned dried and put back in changed air filter and after cranking on it for a while it started and ran perfect. Loaded it on trailer had 11 mile drive unloaded started perfect. rode about 120 miles that day stopping here and there for a drink never had a problem. unloaded when i got home parked by the hose so i could wash it went out the next morning and all it will do is crank pop kick back and back fire. replaced plugs swapped coils around no change. cranks over perfect with the coils off. crank it with a plug in the coils grounded it has a couple second delay until it sparks. it acts like it is cross firing which is not possible almost like you messed up the firing order on a small block. any ideas??? im thinking crank sensor but i hate throwing parts at stuff

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Is it displaying a code? Could be a failing fuel pump too. I had one act like that before and it was the fuel pump. I could hear the pump, but I don't think it was making pressure.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Not a matter of fuel presence, a matter of how much pressure it was being delivered with....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts