Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the 4th model.
The California Air Research Board sheet clearly shows 4 different model #s.
So where's the forth one?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Silver one? any info on that out yet?
Yeah, somewhere in here. On this site. I didn't pull that color and month out of thin air, LOL!

At first it was thought to be the model coming straight from Yamaha with the turbo already installed, but that proved false. It's supposed to have the same motor.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Yamaha rep's would not talk about the 4th model. Would only say they don't know anything about "that". With a smerk of course.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's clear from the Carb info that the 4th is another SE model, probably a different color to replace the Anniversary Edition.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Each color has it's own model number. 2 SE's, 2 standard, all with PS are listed. We've seen the 2 standards and one SE. That leaves one SE with the same engine and frame.

Model number of the 2 seat SE is YXZ10YPS. Model number of the 2 seat standard is YXZ10YPX. Last 2 digits are the color, GS + GY on the SE, GL + GO on the standard. All have the same engine and same weight. So no turbo, no 4 seat. (at least not for now)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Each color has it's own model number. 2 SE's, 2 standard, all with PS are listed. We've seen the 2 standards and one SE. That leaves one SE with the same engine and frame.

Model number of the 2 seat SE is YXZ10YPS. Model number of the 2 seat standard is YXZ10YPX. Last 2 digits are the color, GS + GY on the SE, GL + GO on the standard. All have the same engine and same weight. So no turbo, no 4 seat. (at least not for now)
Thanks for the explanation. I never thought a color change alone would make it a whole separate model. Bummed It's not the 4 seater! I'm sure it will be coming as popular as they are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts