Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install the old GYTR turbo on my machine. But what do I need to do for paddles? I've seen the Sand Tire Unlimited Tribute fronts with the mini paddles and that looks like a good idea, but not sure what size will work best with the turbo and not sure what to put on the rear. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably leave the boost at what it is out of the box for now. I think its 6psi?

·
Registered
374 Posts
running 28" STU with tributes up front on 14" DWT car is not boosted but has some bolt ons. can still pull 85+ in the sand and im running 4wd all the time and love it. only other tire id run is the ss360 since its light weight but if your running boost it might be too much for the ss360
Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Ecoregion

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I understand right, from Sand Tires Unlimited's website, that the Tributes are 29's and they suggest 28's in the rear?

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
984 Posts
I'm running Sandcrafts 31X11X15 9 paddles on my 2019 SS SE with full Graves exhaust and tune. It pulls them well and they fit good with no rubbing. Sancraft uses new carcasses and sends them to Skat to be buffed and have the paddles put on. They also use 15" rims. The 31s roll out closer to 30". I would run the same tire with 12 paddles for a turbo car.

·
Registered
2021 SS SE
49 Posts
I've run Scats on my Banshee and 130HP turbo Raptor; excellent dune tires. While most of my dunning is at Little Sahara UT, I also do the Coral Pink dunes in Kanab. Coral Pink has many roots and rocks so I normally run a molded tire there. I no longer wish to support two sets of paddles so I'm looking for some reasonably light weight molded paddles that will do well at both dunes. Anyone have recommendations for such molded tires? My machine should be turboed later this year. Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, educate me. What does the buff tire have to do with performance? I assume there’s something to that since everyone says that’s the way to go.

·
Registered
2021 SS SE
49 Posts
OK, educate me. What does the buff tire have to do with performance? I assume there’s something to that since everyone says that’s the way to go.
buffs give the best floatation with least amount of drag; and allows for better top speed but they say handling can be compromised somewhat at top speed. I've been happy with the ribbed style but have never run buffs; maybe they can verify some of this

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yep ⬆⬆🤘🏼😎🤙🏼.... I'm going boosted soon myself... I hope my 30" full buff, 10 paddle Extremes can keep up 😵‍💫.. or imma have to sell and go to 12 paddle...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep ⬆⬆🤘🏼😎🤙🏼.... I'm going boosted soon myself... I hope my 30" full buff, 10 paddle Extremes can keep up 😵‍💫.. or imma have to sell and go to 12 paddle...
I'm running 10 paddle extremes on my 21 3 pedal at 8psi of boost, and for me, they hook great. You west coasters sand is probably different than at the Silver lake dunes in MI, but I'm pleased with the hook.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts