Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone? I just picked up the first yxz at my local dealer, and only one to be sold within 100 miles of here so far. I'm wondering if any of you have a loud winey gear in fourth. First, second, and third all seem to sound the same, but fourth just has a bit of a whistle or something. It feels fine to drive, just kind of disturbing. Anyways, I thought I'd ask here since dealers won't really have much to compare to for quite some time. Other than that, this things a blast. My cousin drove it yesterday and he's ready to dump rzr for the loud clanky manual.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I pleasure ride a Fjr-1300 and the tranny has always had a whine to it. It's definitely more noticeable in 4th too. 34k miles and still shifts like butter every time too, so I'm sure it is just a common noise their transmissions make.

Something else I noticed with these transmissions too is the more Rpms, the smoother the shift. The sweet spot on my bike is around 6500 Rpms and you almost never need to rev this bike that high (to keep with in any speed limits!). I also think my bike needs a 6th gear too. But evidently they designed it to keep the motor around the 4000 rpm Mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts