Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know who makes this flap? I got these off ebay long ago and don't see them anymore and need another set.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If you have a 4” grinder and a cut off wheel . Grab some thin aluminum diamond plate , trace a pattern and copy them. That’s what I did because the price if I remember was pretty high for them. Mud flap can be bought from the auto parts store . Probably make them for ten bucks .

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have a 4” grinder and a cut off wheel . Grab some thin aluminum diamond plate , trace a pattern and copy them. That’s what I did because the price if I remember was pretty high for them. Mud flap can be bought from the auto parts store . Probably make them for ten bucks .
Yes I could easily replicate the basic look, but I like the logo on them. If I can't find them, I may get the polished aluminum and find someone with a CAD water jet table to make a pile of them and hustle a few. I have a rubber company 10 miles away to source the pliable rubber they use on them, maybe go even a bit stiffer material would serve better, but I would like to find the original maker, probably got shut down because the " 1000 R " is intellectual property.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts