Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

461 - 480 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
make sure you torque those case bolts properly.. I ended up having one on top front work it's way out some how and spit trans fluid all over during my last HM trip.. I ran it empty for a few miles before I notice the sound and smell..... luckily my buddy found the spot where it was missing and I had a spare bolt that fit....

·
Registered
110 Posts
make sure you torque those case bolts properly.. I ended up having one on top front work it's way out some how and spit trans fluid all over during my last HM trip.. I ran it empty for a few miles before I notice the sound and smell..... luckily my buddy found the spot where it was missing and I had a spare bolt that fit....
I did...but now will double check...thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Been too cold here in Oregon to play out in the car but today was the logging conference a few new machines we saw and the blue one is a demo I've been running.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just got done w/a 3 hour cleanup after a weekend in Kentucky. It was a great time and snowed like crazy on Saturday afternoon. Holy Cow! I think l’m finally done w/the build, this thing is completely amazing l couldn’t be happier. D49880CC-DC37-4517-BDA8-B4A85A5533F4.jpeg 8C6F800F-35B5-4750-8E1B-2C0BB3C71C09.jpeg 029B83B2-F464-4065-89FE-7F4B6776825F.jpeg . Big thanks to this forum and all the Vendors. Btw the cleanup is always the worst part lol

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good and safe time. The car looks great, how's those Elka's treating you. Your Rottie seems to think you missed a spot, lol I used to have two of them, what meat heads, they were good dogs.
Hey BUDDY, looks like there could be some big bucks out in your back yard, I'm not talkin bout your car, I KNOW that's big bucks, I mean the ones with antlers. lol

·
Registered
894 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good and safe time. The car looks great, how's those Elka's treating you. Your Rottie seems to think you missed a spot, lol I used to have two of them, what meat heads, they were good dogs.
Hey BUDDY, looks like there could be some big bucks out in your back yard, I'm not talkin bout your car, I KNOW that's big bucks, I mean the ones with antlers. lol
Keen eye you have there Zilla, l had to look again to see where he was. 160 +- German I don’t know anymore l can only pick him up 1/2 at at time to take him for a ride. The car is actually my 16 yr old daughter’s, save a bunch by not having to feed the toy addiction. Yes l mite be guilty of shooting one out the second floor bathroom window but there’s no record of it and certainly the wifey wasn’t home at the time lol. Thanks for the compliment, there isn’t one made at the time even if it came w/a bucket full of cash l would trade her for right now.
Oh yeah about the Elka’s VERY sensitive to tuning ea. click makes a difference. I was bottoming them out quite a bit “as delivered” and l am still learning and experimenting. I don’t regret the purchase at this point (and that’s saying a lot) because their much better (l had Eibach springs) and l don’t really think l’m close to what their capable of yet.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Race number one under our belt. The only issue with the car was the launch control failed at starting line. The transmission was in first gear, pulled to the line, pulled the paddles then reved the engine and nothing happed when paddles were released. I had to put the car in reverse then back in drive before the car would move. I won't make that mistake again!
I used the "Agressive" shock settings recommended by Fox which still left a little too much kick in the back even with the spare and tools back there. Sooo, I backed off 1" on the rear springs pre-load and put crossover at 3 7/8". That took care of the kicking issue but felt too soft in the rear. The back end tended to walk side to side in the whoops limiting speed to less than adequate to out pace the first place finisher. Any and all suggestions appreciated. FYI, the camera angle makes the whoops look quite a bit smaller than they actually were.
29540972_10212712408819397_5917610063457608572_n.jpg

461 - 480 of 517 Posts