Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Future Arctic Cat Wildcat in the works

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1804487229777693&id=1472216493004770&refsrc=https://m.facebook.com/Dunlap.Racing.and.Motorsports/videos/1804487229777693/&_rdr

via Dunlap Performance And Motorsports LLC:
"Glimpses of the near future. ROHVA and other certifications, are slowing it down, but it is there. I had a conversation with Tracy Crocker, and he declared, they are pushing hard to get it ready. The aftermarket side of Arctic Cat will be worth watching. Also, a new push into racing is coming"

It's interesting that it's touted as a possible RZR Killer!

·
Registered
133 Posts
In that Facebook video posted above the motor doesn't sound very healthy! At least I sure hope that's not what a Z1 motor sounds like! If they don't put a different engine in it with a divorced transmission there doomed to fail!

·
Registered
677 Posts
looks like the same old kymco engine with a supercharger on it... I don't see that engine holding up to a supercharger. Plus I do not care that they are staying with the belt drive system. Its time to get away from the belt drives with that much power. Jmho

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
In that Facebook video posted above the motor doesn't sound very healthy! At least I sure hope that's not what a Z1 motor sounds like! If they don't put a different engine in it with a divorced transmission there doomed to fail!
I'm with ya on both points

·
Registered
190 Posts
Unless I missed it, the 2016 Arctic kitten line up is still pretty tired looking. 5% increase in hp? WOW. Arctic Kitten marketing director....you're fired!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Unless I missed it, the 2016 Arctic kitten line up is still pretty tired looking. 5% increase in hp? WOW. Arctic Kitten marketing director....you're fired!!
You didn't miss it, lineup is weak to say the least.

New cat is touted as the 2017 model, suppose to be 150Hp or something, who knows if it will ever really happen though. It should, but you never know till it is out.

·
Registered
677 Posts

New cat is touted as the 2017 model, suppose to be 150Hp or something, who knows if it will ever really happen though. It should, but you never know till it is out.[/QUOTE Line up? What line up? it was a joke, If I was A/C I would of canceled the dealer meeting before showing what they showed. What another let down. Its going to be 3 years of the same wildcat X. Someone over there has to wake up n not just talk about doing something they should just do it. They did do good with coming out with the 4 seater prowler though, But then again they should of had the 4 seater prowler out at least 4 years ago! I JUST CANNOT WAIT FOR THE YAMAHA YXZ TO COME OUT N I SURE HOPE THAT I WILL LIKE IT N THAT ITS ALL WHsAT YAMAHA BEEN BRAGGING ABOUT! N I AM SURE THAT IT WILL BE! I am so tired of waiting for the new Wildcat to show up. A/C will be loosing a lot of customer n their own customers this year to Yamaha, Polaris n Can am. Just saying

·
Registered
265 Posts

New cat is touted as the 2017 model, suppose to be 150Hp or something, who knows if it will ever really happen though. It should, but you never know till it is out.[/QUOTE Line up? What line up? it was a joke, If I was A/C I would of canceled the dealer meeting before showing what they showed. What another let down. Its going to be 3 years of the same wildcat X. Someone over there has to wake up n not just talk about doing something they should just do it. They did do good with coming out with the 4 seater prowler though, But then again they should of had the 4 seater prowler out at least 4 years ago! I JUST CANNOT WAIT FOR THE YAMAHA YXZ TO COME OUT N I SURE HOPE THAT I WILL LIKE IT N THAT ITS ALL WHsAT YAMAHA BEEN BRAGGING ABOUT! N I AM SURE THAT IT WILL BE! I am so tired of waiting for the new Wildcat to show up. A/C will be loosing a lot of customer n their own customers this year to Yamaha, Polaris n Can am. Just saying
I agree 100% they needed to come to market this season and be one bad kitty. They have great suspension just need the drivetrain to make it fun out in the dunes.

I am hoping the new Yami lives up to the hype as well, i have been following it very closely. I love the idea of not having to worry about a belt and being able to shift. I am so curious to see how it is set up and what the final product looks like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts