Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bit of a scare this weekend on a big rock, and thought I ripped the sidewall. Thank God I didn't since I was in the middle of nowhere..... with no spare tire. It made me think I should be more proactive here. Here's my thoughts:

Carry this spare: UTV Spare Tire and Wheel - Polaris / Honda / Can Am / Yamaha / Kawasaki / Arctic Cat

It doesn't have the beadlock obviously, but wonder if anybody on this site has or used one in an emergency. I just want to have something that an get me home just in case.

The only thing I can't seem to find on this rim the depth, as fronts are 6.5" and rears 8.0".

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
631 Posts
It doesn't specify the lug pattern. Need to make sure it is 4x110 lug pattern if your machine is a 16 -18. Not sure what year machine you own. Spare is definitely a must have and has saved my butt MANY times.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 4x 110. The sales rep said it's a 5+2 and the wheel depth is 7". That's pretty spot on for the front so I'll think I'll be okay. Thanks!

·
Registered
631 Posts
One more thing. It may require the use of splined lug nuts instead of your stock lug nuts. I found this to be true on my aftermarket spare the first time I went to use it in the field. I was able to make it on finger tightened lugs and just stopped periodically to check them and finger torque again. I sold that spare and just use a stock rim now. Check it out before you need it....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can add lug nuts for $10 so I'll do that do just be safe. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
58 Posts
youll also want to make sure you get the 14" wheel and tire as a 12" wont fit. and if your looking for a spare tire carrier, fastlabutv.com has a great one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts