Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Window nets

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Zilla 
#1 ·
How have you guys attached the net to the door? I plan to weld tabs at the top for the spring loaded rods. I really don't want to spend $475 on the PRP setup. To pricey for what it is, and doesn't look strong enough.

#2 ·
I did attach nets to doors. I'm sure PRP is great most of the time but I had several communication breakdown issues last month trying to get window nets. In the end, I spent way more than I think it should cost for custom nets and they still didn't get them 100% as ordered. They were supposed to come with the 3 attachment straps for the doors just like their nets for factory cages do. They only came with 2 and only the rear strap lines up with the existing door bolts. I gave up and made them work but I will shop elsewhere in the future.

#3 ·
Most guys running nets are running a race cage and attach to the door bar but I'm sure you can attach them to the door too. FYI, if it matters, TORC had a rule change for 18 that you need the seat belt type latch. That's TORC tryin to keep the cost down. lol

Yeah, I guess that don't matter to you if you don't have a door bar or three, duh, my bad !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.