Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Everybody I know that has done a full windshield on a SXS ends up not liking it. Dust sticks to both sides of the windshield and it makes it impossible to see, especially if you’re driving into the sun at all. The small half windshields seems to work much better because you can always see out and the air rushes up over your head so you don’t get blasted with air the whole time. I’ve seen people modify the Yamaha half wondshield to work with aftermarket cages.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone found a windshield that will work with this cage?
I don't think you'll find a direct bolt on and as mentioned above full windshields bring their own set of issues. I modified the the Yammy half windshield using a piece of cardboard cutout with the same fold in the middle. After some work, got it to fit in same place on the hood area as it was with the factory cage, haven't had a chance to try it out yet as it's way too cold where i'm at but pretty sure it'll work fine......hope this helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
100% best thing you can do is put window shield on. No fake plexi glass Use real glass and dust never stick to it. Easily fabricated to fit to that shorty cage.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Disney ID badge holder . My wife said her boss Mickey Mouse said we could have them . Zip tie to the cage and it works perfectly. I don’t have to use any of my cuss words when I get in and can’t find the the wire . I can save my cuss words for something more aggravating now . LoL

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rocken Robin

Who makes that windshield? That looks really nice, I have a full Yamaha flip up screen and hate the dust sticking to it all the time.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Fab works made the cage and the windshield. They were sold through alternative Offroad in Chatsworth California. They also made the rear wing and I installed the truck lights

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts

Made this windshield over the winter. That sexy curve in the cagewrx super shorty cage creates a challenge in making a glass ws. IMG_20200402_191330058.jpg

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I will add to this post by saying it is almost a must to have a rear windshield when running a full front or you will swim in dust big time . I added a rear plexiglass right after I did the front .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts