Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

because the basic YXZ was released 4 years ago with changes 2 years ago maybe we get this year a completely new vehicle. What if you could build and design your YXZ from the ground? What would you change, what would you wish for?

Im interessted what if you had the choice, what would your personal vehicle look like? New cage, change engine, gears, dampers, ...?

For example for me the design would be almost the same. In my opinion its the best out there with the great view in front of you. And also with the new designed "cage" you have great visibility to the sky. But the cage needs to be upgradet. When i had a axident with 2 rolls the cage did his job really well, but its not bad to upgrade these.

Also a little hp upgrade would be good. Either with the existing turbo or you can upgrade the engine... to make more hp.

And i also would use all this empty space in the front (after the radiator change) to make a little more useable space to carry something. Also in the doors you could easy make space for small stuff like in cars.

The headlights needs to be swaped. In my opinion the lights what they are producing are very bad. The design could still be the same.

And now maybe the most important to me: The gearing/gearbox. Its the best thing in there but also i really would like a 6gear or (in my option even better) a high/low gearbox.

The only thing that would be realy special to me: i want dampers with low springs. I like to drive it also on the road so if you could lower the yxz it would be a real curve hunter.

So what is your wishlist for the ultimate next gen yxz?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just going on a whim here.

Major request:
-Increase wheelbase by 10 to12"
-Increase track width at least +3"
-6th gears
-Ditch the rear double wishbone suspension design ( I like Textron Wildcatt XX setup)
-Upgrade electrical output
-Upgrade chassis & cage material (no reason it should bend like a pretzel, life is precious)

Minor request:
-Fused and relayed power bank
-Upgrade headlights
-Seat belt pass thru

Keep (minor update):
-Engine
-Design and body lines, but clean up the Batmobile rear fender some

·
Registered
16 Posts
6" more wheelbase, 68" width choice with 18+ travel front and 20" rear, bring back X2s or Live valve type system, terba option (not $6K add on), or factory supercharger option love the triple, but needs a little more torque SC would be nice for that, 30" (or bigger) stock tires, IRP type mechanism for SS, either 2 speed transfer case or 7 speed tranny (actually not sure of 7 speed could be done, not a tranny expert), but if 7 speed for SS, have starting gear always be the current 1st gear, then have 2 lower gears call them 'S' for slow and 'C; for crawl, one would downshift to S or C prior to starting telling electronics that you want to use those gears, downshifting, etc., come from factory with fender extenders that can be removed (but guess aftermarket needs somehting to do ;-)), agree with Chriss-123 on most all other stuff, wasted space in front, etc., come stock with better driver ;-)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Increase WB by 2 feet.
Add storage.
Most my buddies are buying 4 seaters and removing the rear seats for fuel cells, tools, etc.
The YXZ can be longer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A retrofittable stronger actuator/clutch for the SS to hold 400 hp. Bring back X2 shocks. Sadly a 'milder model' with belt drive (not that I would buy one, but it would REALLY help Yamaha sell more SxS, which only helps the YXZ evolution. I would lengthen and widen the car - but not by much. SxS's are already getting too big and heavy.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im in for the 6 speed gear box with a lower 1st, or a high low transfer case. I think all these SXS's should come with a roll cage and not just ROPS, and harnesses. As for everything else, I would keep close to the same. There are to many different directions to go. I would leave that to the individual for customizing. I think the YXZ is a great platform to start with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts