Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not decided where side-by-side to get. I would like to get a turbo headers and a tune.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Which SxS is best?

Apparently the one you own.

They all have their + and -.

Reactions: Sandfreak

·
Registered
677 Posts
Rent one of each for a day or weekend if u can, Then u will see which one will be the best for u n for the type of riding that u do. I would rather spend for a rental for a weekend to find the right one for me then to spend $20,000. to $25,000. n find out that its the wrong one for me. Just saying

·
Registered
341 Posts
It is tough for me to say but the Polaris XPT-4 is the best overall SxS right now. It was the widest window of usage and performance of them all and has none of the deficiencies such as weak charging system or glaring weak drivetrain attributes etc etc etc plus it has incredible aftermarket support. If you want something for it then it has probably already been made 10 different ways and can be had without waiting if you have the cash.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have had my YXZ for 7 weeks now, and have not looked back. The quality fit and finish, and the WOW factor for me
are almost overwhelming. I have driven the YXZ in every type of terrain -- desert, mud, rock crawling, dunes, water holes,
mountain trails, etc. Also, I spent two days in Moab (before I installed the Rekluse clutch) and did not stall it even once. The more
seat time you get the better you like it IMO. After installing the Rekluse clutch and adjusting it correctly, it performs exactly like I had hoped
it would. Going slow through steep/rough terrain is much easier and NO stalling.

Now that the YXZ is broken-in, the shocks feel and work great and all the other components function better as well. I have owned and/or driven
much of what the competition has to offer. Yes, they have been around longer and have more options to consider -- but when it comes
to the quality factor and just pure FUN -- the YXZ is in a league of its own. Everyone that has driven mine, says the same thing.

Yes, the fist gear is a bit tall -- but this is becoming less of an issue for me the more I drive it (especially now that I have the Rekluse installed and adjusted correctly).
In addition, there are some great after-market products coming that should satisfy just about everyone's needs and wants. I have installed both the front/back windshields, back bumper and
like them all. I have some new PRP heated seats arriving this week, and will installed harnesses at the same time (my wife wants these seats, I am fine with stock seats and belts).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi Chad,

Will this be your first sxs ?

If you can rent them out and see what you feel will work best for you and depending on where you ride plus check the trails are not 50 inch only if you plan on doing this type of ridding.

( Very Good Advice )
There is no "best" sxs. You'll just have to do some research and see which one suites your riding style and goals best.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is tough for me to say but the Polaris XPT-4 is the best overall SxS right now. It was the widest window of usage and performance of them all and has none of the deficiencies such as weak charging system or glaring weak drivetrain attributes etc etc etc plus it has incredible aftermarket support. If you want something for it then it has probably already been made 10 different ways and can be had without waiting if you have the cash.
You make a reasonable point, particularly when you say the PooPoo is best overall. But if you are looking at the YXZ as a platform I think it is superior one. The car needs to be driven very hard over rough stuff to appreciate the suspension. It recovers from the violence of hard landings in a remarkably stable way. The wiring is far superior. But perhaps the biggest advantage is that this engine, and it's variants, are capable of reliably producing much more power than any other manufacturer. And to top it off, it's such a blast to drive. I make these statements after having driven my XP1K more than 5k miles across Baja. Just one guys opinion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The m
I have a buddy that bought the XPT and it's been in for repairs more than in his garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think people are overlooking the quality of the yxz.
I was in the market for a sxs the last couple of years but after countless hours of research I just couldn't drop 20+ k on a sxs knowing that it will most likely have some major issues. And spend quite some time in the shop. Or I spend another couple thousand on after market parts to fix the issues myself. Majority of people want a sxs that is reliable right out the door. I personally want to buy a stock sxs and rip around the sand pits and logging roads in a reliable machine. And from what I can tell the yamaha yxz is the one for me .

1 - 20 of 139 Posts