Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
It seems like they are having a difficult time actually releasing the yxz. It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to have three different colors of plastic in the production line (blue, orange and yellow) but apparently that's tough. A woods edition would need a different transmission with lower gearing so that would take some time/development. A lot of us would like to see a four seat model as well but I'm not sure any of that is coming anytime soon for the same reasons. I think it's what you see is what you get until likely mid/end of summer 2016.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haven't had an issue with either 64" machine I've had. But I would say a determining factor would definitely depend on success rates of the current YXZ and the competition woods models out currently.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Yamaha most likely believes they've got a "wood version" ...

It's called the Wolverine.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Yamaha most likely believes they've got a "wood version" ...

It's called the Wolverine.
I looked over their Wolverines while I was waiting for them to prep my YXZ this past weekend. That thing looks pretty dang good!

But, I think Yamaha will come out with a "woods racer" one day.... I am sure it will take a Long time tho... Popo just now released the S1000.

AND I think 14 was the first year for the XXc too.

If this YXZ SE treats me good, I am sure I will have one of their Woods Racer versions one day too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts