Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one nervous about the PDI test ride that the bike builder, and probably everybody else in the dealership because it's a new vehicle.
Should I even follow the break-in procedures since I know nobody at the dealership will

·
Registered
171 Posts
So you're worried someone is going to take it for a spin before you take delivery? I know that my dealer held the very first one back to give test rides so I'm not worried about that and since I'm waiting for a blue/white one I'm worried even less. If your dealer is not keeping the first one then I could see this being a concern but I would let them know you don't want anyone driving it before you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you're worried someone is going to take it for a spin before you take delivery? I know that my dealer held the very first one back to give test rides so I'm not worried about that and since I'm waiting for a blue/white one I'm worried even less. If your dealer is not keeping the first one then I could see this being a concern but I would let them know you don't want anyone driving it before you.
I am getting the first one they get in. Manufacturers require dealers to do a pre delivery inspection on units to make sure there are no issues or factory mishaps. This includes a test drive. My worry is it will be more of a joy ride than just putting it through its paces.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Then I would just be sure to be there when they get it assembled so that you can be in it with them? If your dealer is not ok with that then I would request your deposit back and tell them your going elsewhere.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I wouldn't buy one if it has miles on it. I would just tell them that if there is any miles on it I do not want it. And yes if they have to test ride it which they should then I will be the one doing it with their tech in it with me. My dealer does it for me, that's why I buy from them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You guys are picky but I see your concern. Keep in mind it's a yamaha not a Polaris so give it hell out of the gate!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it actually arrived early yesterday, and i showed up as they started building it. I guess my big issue was that I used to work at the dealership and know first hand how they treat the new and service units. After talking to the owner, because I used to be one of the bike builders there (told I need to be a little rougher on the test rides) Nobody is going to drive it except me, and I will do the PDI drive. My other issue that came up was they wanted to keep it a WEEK on the showroom floor because they wont get another untill next month... We comprmised and I pick it up friday night.
Note: one point that I made was that they fill it up with 91, I know their transfer tank only gets filled with 87 because its cheaper, Im not sure if other dealers save money that way too or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So it actually arrived early yesterday, and i showed up as they started building it. I guess my big issue was that I used to work at the dealership and know first hand how they treat the new and service units. After talking to the owner, because I used to be one of the bike builders there (told I need to be a little rougher on the test rides) Nobody is going to drive it except me, and I will do the PDI drive. My other issue that came up was they wanted to keep it a WEEK on the showroom floor because they wont get another untill next month... We comprmised and I pick it up friday night.
Note: one point that I made was that they fill it up with 91, I know their transfer tank only gets filled with 87 because its cheaper, Im not sure if other dealers save money that way too or not.
Congrats that's fairly good news I guess. Most wise dealers would keep the first one so they can sell more but if they don't plan to get that many then I could see that being different. I don't blame you for making sure the first tank is 91 either because that's what they recommend. I think most dealers are by the book but there are some that will save a penny any chance they get. That's nice of you to let them keep it on the floor for others to see but I would use that as leverage if it was me to get something out of it like $500 in free accessories. I don't think it would be too much to ask for them to do that because it sounds like bad planning on the dealers part to not keep the first one IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.