Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the Assault Industries webiste this afternoon, and happened upon a product that they list as being new, new as in recently introduced. I was wondering what you might add to it, if anything?

I thought about adding a pair of wire crimpers, some butt splice connectors, and possibly 10 ft. of black and red 16 awg wire. I have a jump box, but maybe that could be added as well.

"NEW Assault Industries On-The-Go Tool Kit (Metric)"

View attachment 647519

·
Registered
593 Posts
Besides a lower price, I think your adds are good as a starting point. Actually seems like a pretty good kit, but probably more than you need in some areas. I would add ty-raps, electrical tape, and any vehicle specific items you find over time as you maintain the vehicle. I think you just picked up a new RZR turbo, congrats on making a decision and hope you are happy with your selection! I have revamped my carry along tool kit and spare items as I have learned what the high failure items are that might keep me from making it home that I might have a chance to actually fix on the trail. It has gotten lighter over time as my confidence in my machines reliability and robustness has increased. Just seems a little pricey for the content.
BTW, thanks for the gratis Tribal Whip set-up! It is an easy install with the included materials and is LOADED with LEDs. Very cool. Enjoy your new machine!!

·
Supporting Vendor
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Besides a lower price, I think your adds are good as a starting point. Actually seems like a pretty good kit, but probably more than you need in some areas. I would add ty-raps, electrical tape, and any vehicle specific items you find over time as you maintain the vehicle. I think you just picked up a new RZR turbo, congrats on making a decision and hope you are happy with your selection! I have revamped my carry along tool kit and spare items as I have learned what the high failure items are that might keep me from making it home that I might have a chance to actually fix on the trail. It has gotten lighter over time as my confidence in my machines reliability and robustness has increased. Just seems a little pricey for the content.
BTW, thanks for the gratis Tribal Whip set-up! It is an easy install with the included materials and is LOADED with LEDs. Very cool. Enjoy your new machine!!
I think you're right, if you priced the tools out elsewhere, especially for items like wrenches at Harbor Freight, you could assemble a similar kit for less. I forgot about ty-wraps and tape, thanks for the reminder.

You're very welcome for the whips, I really hope you enjoy them:) As always, thanks for offering your input.

·
Registered
489 Posts
First off thank you for you generosity I received the whip you sent and its awesome. You guys make a great product. And now I have to apologize for this in advance, but since you decided to buy a RZR along with the tool kit you need to buy at least two (three would be better) fire extinguishers. I have a friend of mine that sent me a video of his cousins RZR that was a week old when he went over a small jump and nosed into a small hill and it burst into flames and burned to the ground. Everyone got out ok and Polaris bought him out he then went out and bought a new Yamaha.

·
Supporting Vendor
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off thank you for you generosity I received the whip you sent and its awesome. You guys make a great product. And now I have to apologize for this in advance, but since you decided to buy a RZR along with the tool kit you need to buy at least two (three would be better) fire extinguishers. I have a friend of mine that sent me a video of his cousins RZR that was a week old when he went over a small jump and nosed into a small hill and it burst into flames and burned to the ground. Everyone got out ok and Polaris bought him out he then went out and bought a new Yamaha.
I can't argue that a fire extinguishers not a good idea! Glad you received the whip and I hope you really enjoy it. Please feel free to share your experience and pics / video, if you get a chance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think that kit is a good place to start. I made my kit by seeing what was needed to take things apart, then actually using just the kit for working on my YXZ. I then picked just the minimum tools to get me back, or tools that would serve multiple purposes. With that said, I like the Assult kit, and as long as the tools are decent, think it would be a great starter kit. Looks like there is plenty of room to customize to your needs. I know I have at least $350 in my tool kit. I will second the zip ties and the tape, get good ones. I also noticed there was no 12mm socket. I have and recommend the Knipex cobra 125 and 180 pliers and also the 180 plier wrench. They are super nice tools and I find hem super useful. Especially the little 125.

·
Supporting Vendor
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that kit is a good place to start. I made my kit by seeing what was needed to take things apart, then actually using just the kit for working on my YXZ. I then picked just the minimum tools to get me back, or tools that would serve multiple purposes. With that said, I like the Assult kit, and as long as the tools are decent, think it would be a great starter kit. Looks like there is plenty of room to customize to your needs. I know I have at least $350 in my tool kit. I will second the zip ties and the tape, get good ones. I also noticed there was no 12mm socket. I have and recommend the Knipex cobra 125 and 180 pliers and also the 180 plier wrench. They are super nice tools and I find hem super useful. Especially the little 125.
Definitely Zip Ties, and Duct Tape!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts