Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!! Here is the first production exhaust - ready to go except for the aluminum WR logo labels that will be riveted to each side of the cans (Jason put a sticker on the can just for the pic - that won't be on the exhaust when it ships :cool:)

The header is badass...the collectors are works of art all on their own. The cans look bitchin. I can't wait to see these things all over the dunes and race tracks soon!

$1399 right now WITH reflash.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Oh yeah, can't wait to recieve mine. Please keep me posted when mine will ship so I can send mine ECU for the reflash.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Oh yeah, can't wait to recieve mine. Please keep me posted when mine will ship so I can send mine ECU for the reflash.
X 2! Now that is outstanding! Beautiful work. Glad I'm on that list as well! Keep cranking em out fast, and I'm ready to buy ASAP. Please, Please by the 28th?? ;) :D
I'm here local so I'll pick it up and do the reflash in person.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Ready to buy ??? Mine is already paid in full. Lol
Would be so nice to see it show up by xmas
Well, deposit paid and the rest of the cash with Weller's name on it burning a hole in my pocket....That's just as good, right? LOL

·
Registered
505 Posts
Cool, Thanks. Its definitely a nice set-up. Still debating if I want to dump one of my Mav's for the YXZ, if I do this kit is something I would have to consider.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, 15 HP increase over stock to the rear wheels....just the exhaust and reflash! And believe me, we are just as excited to get these in everyone's hands as you guys are to get them!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Cool, Thanks. Its definitely a nice set-up. Still debating if I want to dump one of my Mav's for the YXZ, if I do this kit is something I would have to consider.
I still remember when I installed a DMC pipe & fuel controlller on my Yamaha 700 rapter and the immediate difference it made. It woke it up big time. Much quicker throttle response and snappier. My guess is this exhaust set up will do the same thing to the YXZ. In stock form you can tell the YXZ is bottled up and restricted, so this should let it breathe and run like a scalded dog!!!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Just ordered mine!!

Should the AIS block offs be used? Or does it not really matter?
I'm told yes. Picks up a decell backfire/pop due to lean off throttle. I'm doing the blockoff on mine.

Just a heads up to everybody buying the block off kit....it's the same part number as the FZ-09. And you can buy those from Graves motorsports for about $10 less on eBay than what is shown for a YXZ1000 kit. $33 instead of $43. Just saying; save some money!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Going to have to wait until after the Holidays for mine and maybe see if they have a stage 2 that would maybe have some top end work for a little more UMPH!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm told yes. Picks up a decell backfire/pop due to lean off throttle. I'm doing the blockoff on mine.

Just a heads up to everybody buying the block off kit....it's the same part number as the FZ-09. And you can buy those from Graves motorsports for about $10 less on eBay than what is shown for a YXZ1000 kit. $33 instead of $43. Just saying; save some money!
The Graves kit will still need a nipple as the one they supply does not fit.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts