Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an early manual trans (not SS) with stock gearing. Let me know what you want for it.
Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
749 Posts

I have bought from these guys before and they are good used parts. This is the one I would be buying.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch.
If that is the going price for a trans, I may need to re-think my plan.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I used to see them for around $2k, but the supply of used ones has dried up a bit. This one is almost new and they will accept offers, not low-ball offers, but reasonable offers. I bet you could get it for around 2600.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tell me your swapping a ss to a three pedal?

cause I’m really interested in doing this to mine this next winter. Surly it’s possible.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not doing that. I hate to even admit what I am thinking about.....
Long story short, I think early gearing will work better in my car for a few reasons.
I have the Crawlbox on order. I am going to have plenty of low gears if I need them.
I run tracks in the winter. The lower gearing on my '20 puts me about 45mph top speed with tracks on. My 2016 would top about around 60mph.
With the turbo on my '20, i feel like I have plenty of power to run the higher gears, even with tall tires.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I’d like to drive one of these with tracks. That be pretty neat. If you remember post us some pics when you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts