Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a deal on left over 2019 units and have recently found a few in my area.
Is it worth buying the LE unit with the X2 suspenders over the LE unit with the RC2 setup? the only difference I can see is the shocks and the LE has the roof. I have every intention of buy or building a cage so the roof is of no value to me.

all of my ridding will be in Ontario Canada and 99% woods riding. there are always extended side road runs between trails, but then its back to ruts and rocks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the x2, but I can’t say if they are better than the rc2. Many on here and the web have said the x2 is much better shock. I have adjusted mine to soft setting from stock and my friend has the rc2 but has not adjusted any settings from stock. My Adjusted x2 feel great in trails and his rc2 are good.
couple other add ones are the interior lights and fronts light pods

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently got a slightly used (230 miles) 2019 LE with X2s, then someone in offroad area wanted me to check out their 19 SE w/o X2s (wanted me to hear SS shift clunk and tranny whine which was exactly same as mine), night/day difference, X2, not yet adjusted properly, is worlds better, n t even close, hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! I have only managed to find a couple of the white with the X2s. its seems they have gone with rc2 across the board this year. guess i'd better jump on one of the left over 19's

·
Registered
16 Posts
I meant to mention that I did not check out what settings the other machine had, they might have been messed up. The big problem is that the front end on his dove significantly on braking and hard cornering and the whole machine felt tippy/loose compared to mine. I did not get to get it on the rough trails with sharp embedded rocks that I'd like to get mine to work better on. I'm currently loosening up high speed compression/rebound while keeping low speed C/R tighter/stiffer to handle the g-outs, can't yet figure out the sharp v-outs that we get here at high speed. Big v-outs at speed unsettle the rear of the car, it doesn't so much buck hard as it gets loose and skatey after the v-out and rear end slides one direction or another, kinda dangerous when there's a 300ft drop off 5 ft away ;-0. All this to say that his machine might n ot have been tuned at all or seriously mis-tuned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
thanks! I have only managed to find a couple of the white with the X2s. its seems they have gone with rc2 across the board this year. guess i'd better jump on one of the left over 19's
only the 19 white se have the x2. The blue 19 se have the rc2

·
Registered
3 Posts
I meant to mention that I did not check out what settings the other machine had, they might have been messed up. The big problem is that the front end on his dove significantly on braking and hard cornering and the whole machine felt tippy/loose compared to mine. I did not get to get it on the rough trails with sharp embedded rocks that I'd like to get mine to work better on. I'm currently loosening up high speed compression/rebound while keeping low speed C/R tighter/stiffer to handle the g-outs, can't yet figure out the sharp v-outs that we get here at high speed. Big v-outs at speed unsettle the rear of the car, it doesn't so much buck hard as it gets loose and skatey after the v-out and rear end slides one direction or another, kinda dangerous when there's a 300ft drop off 5 ft away ;-0. All this to say that his machine might n ot have been tuned at all or seriously mis-tuned.
Your settings are backwards. Less low speed compression to stay soft in the rocks and more high speed compression for the g outs. Find a section that you can repeat over and over and make changes to one setting and then repeat. That way you will know what each setting and change will do to the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The X2 is such an advanced shock. I cannot believe Yamaha spec'd them stock. IDK if the stock springs are so great, but the shocks are amazing. Ability to adjust HS/LS compression and HS/LS rebound is insane......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts