Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on one of my rear shocks that the threads are being rubbed down from the cross over between the dual springs. Was going to try to slight rotate the spring to see if I could change it, but should I be concerned? Should I have to do that, shouldn't it be straight no matter where it's set at

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
You'll never have your crossover stop rings down that low so I wouldn't worry about it. Interesting that the plastic was able to wear the metal like that. Must have a lot of glass in that nylon.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I look at that as pretty much a non issue. A guy could drive himself insane by worrying over every little thing. Put the hammer down and enjoy it!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yea I'm not concerned about the thread because like you said I'll never need it. Just didn't know with it rubbing it could be making it stiffer or throw it off in general

·
Registered
1 Posts
You'll never have your crossover stop rings down that low so I wouldn't worry about it. Interesting that the plastic was able to wear the metal like that. Must have a lot of glass in that nylon.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
8 Posts
That's not too bad - you can try realign the spacer between springs and ensure the springs are positioned correctly and as close to straight as possible. I went through a couple spacers - the springs wouldn't line up and dirt/dust was my enemy on the trail.. The plastic just moved but the dirt was the abrasive part.. Granted - this were off a po po but same issue..
20200516_144825.jpg 20200516_144834.jpg 20200516_144844.jpg 20200516_144851.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts