Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone think it will work, I have full set of 4 2.5's with piggy back reservoirs that are set up real soft. I wouldn't mind swapping around now an then.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I doubt if the length and mounts would be the same...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Didn't Yamaha say that the YXZ shocks are fully adjustable? If they are I am sure that u can adjust them to be softer right.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got my yxz thursday put 90 miles on it it is stiff but the adjustability is there but it will have to be treated like a dirt bike it will be give and take that thing is so stable going into turns softer ride little less stable

·
Registered
86 Posts
Aren't the rears 3.0 on the Yamaha? Why downsize? You could revavle, or respring.
They are 2.5" front and rear. I have been told the rears have bottom out cups. I will know more this week when I get the unit back and get to open up the shocks. We have already developed a budget/easy add on spring kit for the rear that really softens the harshness and cures about 90% of the kick in the back. The customer we just did one for just came back from a 4 day trip in the Bishop/Tonepah area said it worked awesome. Also did another kit for McKay. I'm sure he'll post his results on here. We will be developing a full-blown dual-rate package soon. I highly doubt the extended and compressed length from the 1000 will be exactly the same.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the length is really close, as you said the extended and compressed length might be way off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts