Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has one on order or if they've demoed one yet. I have one on order, should be here in August but it's very hard to find any info out on it. I found out if you go to yamahaadventurepro.com you can see the maps they have for it. Pretty neat!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Just curious if anyone has one on order or if they've demoed one yet. I have one on order, should be here in August but it's very hard to find any info out on it. I found out if you go to yamahaadventurepro.com you can see the maps they have for it. Pretty neat!

Very interested in your take on this when you get it. I'm thinking about picking one up myself.

Reactions: Smithc11369

·
Registered
389 Posts
Im curious what it would take to wire in the engine data on the pre 19's. Without that it's just the Magellan gps rugged tablet I believe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very interested in your take on this when you get it. I'm thinking about picking one up myself.
I'll post some info when I get it! I might even make a video on it, it might be one of the only in depth reviews on YouTube for a while lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im curious what it would take to wire in the engine data on the pre 19's. Without that it's just the Magellan gps rugged tablet I believe.
You just need the harness that connects it to the pre 19s and you're all set! That's what I've been told anyway. After that, all engine diagnostics will be available on the Adventure Pro.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the Magellan TRX which is basically the Yamaha minus the yamaha diagnostics. It works pretty good but NOT the most user friendly GPS I've every used. The screen is big and clear, you can see it easily in all light conditions. Comes in handy when your in new areas and a long way from camp and head for home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any one know the cost? Is it cheaper than the Lowrance 7 HDS Carbon, with the Point 1 antenna

·
Registered
378 Posts
i have the tr7 also. if i did not already have it, i think i would have gone to mac tablet as tx7 is not real user friendly and way slow compared to a mac. you would need a good case to make mac tablet comparable as the tr7 comes with good mount stuff.

tried to bluetoth a wireless backup camera into tr7 and it had a delay that i don't have if i send the same signal to the mac. For what its worth, i think it is probably good gps, but not great tablet

·
Registered
511 Posts
I would buy a android tablet and use the Polaris app. Its the easiest to use and cheapest option in my opinion. You can download maps that have all the trails and a lot waypoints already on them as well as add your own, If you have cell service you can track others in your group and their location.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would buy a android tablet and use the Polaris app. Its the easiest to use and cheapest option in my opinion. You can download maps that have all the trails and a lot waypoints already on them as well as add your own, If you have cell service you can track others in your group and their location.
The only downfall is you're still limited to using the Polaris Ride Command app which is a lot less feature packed than the Yamaha Adventure Pro.... The basic website alone has more features than Ride Command but if that's all you need it for then that's a good option for you. You'll still need to outfit your android tablet with a water, dust and shock proof case, a mount, and rig up a dedicated charging line. The Adventure Pro also has all your vehicle diagnostics too, something another basic Android tablet would not have. For $750 I don't see how you can beat it. My opinion only!!! To each their own! You have to do what's best for your needs and your riding style, this is just my 2 cents on it. I'm really hoping it's a nice unit, I'd love to see Yamaha advance their technology to keep up with where the rest of the industry is going.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The only downfall is you're still limited to using the Polaris Ride Command app which is a lot less feature packed than the Yamaha Adventure Pro.... The basic website alone has more features than Ride Command but if that's all you need it for then that's a good option for you. You'll still need to outfit your android tablet with a water, dust and shock proof case, a mount, and rig up a dedicated charging line. The Adventure Pro also has all your vehicle diagnostics too, something another basic Android tablet would not have. For $750 I don't see how you can beat it. My opinion only!!! To each their own! You have to do what's best for your needs and your riding style, this is just my 2 cents on it. I'm really hoping it's a nice unit, I'd love to see Yamaha advance their technology to keep up with where the rest of the industry is going.

That's not true, as you can use whatever map software you want. I use avenza maps, most are free and they have the usfs trails on them. The Polaris ride command is crap in comparison to avenza.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Look I didn't say best, I said easy and cheap. Some of these GPS programs have so many features that they are very difficult to use. All I need a GPS program to do is tell me where I've been and where I'm going and be easy to use, the Polaris app does that. Buy a cheap Android tablet that if it gets busted up it's no big deal and I'm happy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
All of this is good info. I was looking at using my droid based 8" tablet but I find the lighting is weak outdoors. I wanted to go this route so that I could put a rear view camera on and have a usable view. Does anyone know if you can do that with the Trx7 or Yamaha's system?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just put my phone in a Ram mount and use the Orux maps app. It has a ton of features I don't even understand the terminology. The Orux map took me about a year to figure out, considering I only use it once for a few hours per week, then not at all over the winter, but I've mastered what I need to do with it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
All of this is good info. I was looking at using my droid based 8" tablet but I find the lighting is weak outdoors. I wanted to go this route so that I could put a rear view camera on and have a usable view. Does anyone know if you can do that with the Trx7 or Yamaha's system?
I don't know the answer to your question but your rear view camera should have a display monitor. I have a Tadi Brothers wireless with a 7" monitor and 32gigs of storage, real nice screen clarity. Just a tip, if you can mount your screen up high like a rear view mirror it keeps a lot of light off of it and helps with the wash out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know the answer to your question but your rear view camera should have a display monitor. I have a Tadi Brothers wireless with a 7" monitor and 32gigs of storage, real nice screen clarity. Just a tip, if you can mount your screen up high like a rear view mirror it keeps a lot of light off of it and helps with the wash out.
Thanks for this advice! Might be adding one soon cause backing up a YXZ is a shot in the dark lol

1 - 20 of 71 Posts