Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's exactly where I wanted to mount it. Easy to access plus you only have one item to look at .I figure if the camera is mounted high on the cage , it will be above the cargo and have a better view.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I ordered the Magellan TRX7 CS (witch is the basic Yamaha unit, for $499 at The GPS Store). I also have an order placed for the wiring harness to fit my 16 SE. The Magellan comes tomorrow and I don't know about the harness. But I'll let you all know if it will communicate with all options.

·
Registered
22 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
20 Posts
They haven't released the part yet. I have one on order. Will post when I have something.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I ordered the Magellan TRX7 CS (witch is the basic Yamaha unit, for $499 at The GPS Store). I also have an order placed for the wiring harness to fit my 16 SE. The Magellan comes tomorrow and I don't know about the harness. But I'll let you all know if it will communicate with all options.
I'd like to know what works and what doesn't also before I get one...cause this statement has me hesitating:
NOTE:*For installation on ’16~’18 YXZ1000R/SS models and ’18 Wolverine X4 models, accessory Adventure Pro Universal Wiring is required and sold separately. Provides limited data integration and full GPS function on these models.*

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll let u know. I order a gps unit. Just waiting for the cable to come back in stock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought the Adventure Pro along with my new 19 YXZ. What does it take to make it work with a backup camera? Or am I better off with a small second video screen direct wired to a backup camera?

·
Registered
425 Posts
After reading all these comments sounds like guys are also just using a tablet and downloading map apps? I never even thought of that, anyone have a good tablet for offroad they reccomend that isnt 700$

·
Registered
389 Posts
You can get the Magellan trx7 which is what Yamaha uses without the vehicle interface for around $400-$450 online. I use back country navigator on my phone and it works well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After reading all these comments sounds like guys are also just using a tablet and downloading map apps? I never even thought of that, anyone have a good tablet for offroad they reccomend that isnt 700$
CRW55 I have a samsung A8 tablet I bought for $170.00 on sale and it works great. I have back country navigator downloaded for 11$ and have all the outlaw trails for WV from Bobt maps on it. The A8 uses GPS as well as Glonass for position and even in the thickest trails of WV never loses position. It’s easy to use once you get used to BCN and the tablet is awesome. For 200.00$ I use it in my YXZ and my Wolverine R Spec.

·
Registered
378 Posts
the Magellan trx7 is clunky compared to the Adventure Pro. Both are Android but they did a lot of improvements over the TRX7 (have one in YXZ & other in Wolverine). A Mac tablet probably better than either.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just curious if you tried to make the basic trx7 unit communicate using the yamaha harness?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
378 Posts
Unless they have updated the TRX7, the mounting on the back is not the same as the Adventure Pro (they could have updated, since my TRX7 is year old) I contacted Magellan & they said I could not put the software from the Adventure Pro in my TRX7.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got done installing the Adventure Pro on my '19 SE. Wanted to point out an error in the instructions. The install page for the '19 YXZ tells you to mount the power converter under the hood on the frame bracket with the two supplied bolts. That's straightforward and takes just a minute. It then says to route the harness to the battery box and plug into the service port. That's were I was scratching my head because the harness isn't even close to long enough. I looked around under the hood and there is a four prong connector hanging down with a rubber cap on it. Turns out this is the GPS plug and I'm guessing is just an additional service port.

All the YXZ info shows on the tablet except voltage. So the only difference between the '16 - '18 models is the bracket for the power converter and the GPS plug under the hood.

If I owned a '16 - '18 YXZ no way I would pay $49 for the additional harness. I would just lengthen the four wires on the included harness.

I haven't ridden with it yet but at idle it says I am getting 2.1 mpg. I sure hope that isn't accurate.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts