Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yamaha and Magellan have given the Adventure Pro a set of nice features that allow it to integrate nicely with any UTV, but particularly the Wolverine X2. The tablet comes with a mount that attaches to the dash of the vehicle and it can quickly and easily be wired into its electrical system to keep the onboard battery fully charged. The device also serves as a fully customizable dashboard, giving riders diagnostic information about the performance of their vehicle, including monitoring engine temperature, battery voltage, four-wheel drive status, and much more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone figured out why the battery voltage does not show on the adventure pro....2019 yxz?
After a few short rides the MPG is showing a little over 20 mpg and only goes up and down a little. You cannot reset mpg. There is no info on what "average mpg" means. Since startup? Since install? Since re-fuel? Kink of worthless IMHO.

The Adventure Pro is pretty cool. However, one downfall that I didn't realize is that I cannot install Garmin formatted maps on it. I have Montana Landowner maps on my Garmin Oregon. They are a must where I am located so you don't trespass on people's property. They also show state land, BLM and national forest.

These maps are not locked so I am hopeful I can find a way to convert them to Magellan format but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as install goes I didn't drill any holes. There was a big enough gap in the dash for the wire going to the GPS plug and I saw no need for a USB port in the glovebox. I removed the Cigarette plug and replaced it with the USB plug. I had to do a tiny bit of trimming with a razor blade to make the hole slightly bigger. I zip-tied the cigarette plug under under the hood because I didn't want the plug exposed and I can probably power my compressor with it.
Hello I have a question. Did you extned the wiring harness to get it to mount under the hood or do they sell a longer wiring harness? Does your adventure pro turn on and off via the key or is it always on when plugged into the mount?

·
Registered
183 Posts
There's no need to extend the harness since there's a convenient plug under the hood; rather than using the plug near the battery. If using the battery plug, the wires would have to be extended.
My GPS comes in with a turn off the key.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's no need to extend the harness since there's a convenient plug under the hood; rather than using the plug near the battery. If using the battery plug, the wires would have to be extended.
My GPS comes in with a turn off the key.
Yep. Same with mine. Now one of you young computer geeks needs to figure out how to get the Google Play Store installed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So after a lot of trial and error I have the Google Play Store installed and somewhat working on my Adventure Pro. I had the do the script install method to get it working. https://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

I have google installed under accounts and properly syncing. I installed the Google maps via APK and was able to download offline maps.

The problem is that Google Play Services keep crashing. The tablet tells me that I need to update Google Play Services but when it goes to update it just says "waiting for download". Same if I try to install any apps through the Play store.

I cannot find a Google Play Services APK that doesn't crash. I'm not sure if it's possible to get this working properly on the Adventure Pro. It seems like Google Data Services isn't allowed which is strange because you can get it working perfect on a $39 Amazon Fire Tablet.

It would be great if somebody well versed in Android could figure this out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can download the Amazon app store and get stuff. I prefer the Brave web browser and it's there. Overdrive is there to download books. Also downloaded Spotify and downloaded my music to the Adventure Pro. The internal speaker is worthless, but it can be connected via Bluetooth to an audio system. I also tried playing a game or two on it like pinball.

I've also tried to get the Google play store to work with no success.
How do you download the App Store? I am on Amazon and tried Spotify, but I can’t see where it downloads to device.

·
Registered
264 Posts
How do you download the App Store? I am on Amazon and tried Spotify, but I can’t see where it downloads to device.
It isn't easy and it still will not work correctly.

Somebody asked about battery voltage. It has that. It has 30 or so things you can add to any space on the dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It was tricky to download the app store once I did I loaded Spotify it ended up making the tablet crash due to memory problems and I had to send it back to Yamaha... I ended up buying a ipod for music... I would definitely avoid loading that... And I certainly can't remember how I downloaded app store

61 - 71 of 71 Posts