Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Yamaha? I see there are no demo events listed yet. That doesn't seem like great marketing. Many on the forums are saying they won't buy until they get a test ride and I don't know of any dealers that allow test rides of off road machines. It would be smart to get a semi load of YXZ's out to Glamis for Halloween weekend. I went out to Glamis Halloween 2014 saw and test drove the RZR XP 1000 which led to me picking up one of the first units to hit the showroom floor. What do you guys think? Who wants to see Yamaha out at Glamis over Halloween?

·
Registered
674 Posts
What's up Yamaha? I see there are no demo events listed yet. That doesn't seem like great marketing. Many on the forums are saying they won't buy until they get a test ride and I don't know of any dealers that allow test rides of off road machines. It would be smart to get a semi load of YXZ's out to Glamis for Halloween weekend. I went out to Glamis Halloween 2014 saw and test drove the RZR XP 1000 which led to me picking up one of the first units to hit the showroom floor. What do you guys think? Who wants to see Yamaha out at Glamis over Halloween?
I'm thinking it will be Thanksgiving, not Halloween. Way bigger crowds, and I don't think Yamaha wants to go up against Camp Rzr. They would lose, and probably lose big.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I don't think Yamaha would lose big but why do it during a competitors big event? If your going to do something like that, then plan it for a time when your company gets all the attention. There is a time and place for head to head but Yamaha is not ready for that just yet. However, I do believe Yamaha has dropped the ball big time by not having demo ride events already schedule. Bonehead move IMO.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't think Yamaha would lose big but why do it during a competitors big event? If your going to do something like that, then plan it for a time when your company gets all the attention. There is a time and place for head to head but Yamaha is not ready for that just yet. However, I do believe Yamaha has dropped the ball big time by not having demo ride events already schedule. Bonehead move IMO.
And or not having enough machines ready to sell!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm not sure if you were there last year, but it was over the top. I have to hand it to Polaris, they had thought of everything. Different events going on at different times, free tshirts, free food, water stations, where you just grab a water bottle out of a large container filled with ice. Giant screen held up by a crane, raffles every hour, rides, and they gave away a sweet XP1K. All over 3 days. Any manufacturer would be foolish to go up against them at Halloween.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Back in late fall of 2011 AC was going around marketing the 2012 Wildcat and letting public drive it before it hit the dealer floors.
Every year here at Dunefest you can drive the new RZR before it hits the showroom and even CanAm showed up last year with demo rides in the XDS.
At least the performance and quality will make up for Yamaha's dumb ass marketing strategy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Back in late fall of 2011 AC was going around marketing the 2012 Wildcat and letting public drive it before it hit the dealer floors.
Every year here at Dunefest you can drive the new RZR before it hits the showroom and even CanAm showed up last year with demo rides in the XDS.
At least the performance and quality will make up for Yamaha's dumb ass marketing strategy.
Well I guess I can take quality over marketing. Polaris is great at marketing but poor quality and Customer service.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure if you were there last year, but it was over the top. I have to hand it to Polaris, they had thought of everything. Different events going on at different times, free tshirts, free food, water stations, where you just grab a water bottle out of a large container filled with ice. Giant screen held up by a crane, raffles every hour, rides, and they gave away a sweet XP1K. All over 3 days. Any manufacturer would be foolish to go up against them at Halloween.
They gave 2 away last Halloween. Remember the free tattoos? All 8 people that got one were called up on the stage given $1,500 accessories gift certificates and 1 of them was given a RZR. If I knew they were going to do that their would probably be a RZR logo on the bottom of my foot right now!

·
Registered
674 Posts
They gave 2 away last Halloween. Remember the free tattoos? All 8 people that got one were called up on the stage given $1,500 accessories gift certificates and 1 of them was given a RZR. If I knew they were going to do that their would probably be a RZR logo on the bottom of my foot right now!
LOL! I forgot about that! I was thinking at the time, who the Hell would get tattoos? I didn't know they got that though.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

Yes I was there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would venture to guess Yamaha knows their marketing WAY more than some guys complaining on a forum.......

They know what they're doing. They aren't hurting themselves in any way, shape or form. It's been YEARS since the RZR came out and Yamaha fell far behind with their Rhino, and the anticipation and excitement over this machine leads us to think they're hurting themselves?? Come on guys, patience is a virtue. Relax.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is an annual race event every year at Hallet raceway in Oklahoma. It is called Gold Rush. Check out knmotorcycles.com for more information. I have been told that Yamaha will be out there for some test rides for the yxz. You can call (918)446-5567 and ask for Tyler McDonald.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like these are being produced by a couple guys that take a lot of breaks. They sure seem to be slow coming off the assembly line. I want to see one on the trails ! It took me almost a mont to find one at a dealer just to see it in person. Still haven't seen one on the trails . Not buying something that has less exposure than Bigfoot. LOL

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks like these are being produced by a couple guys that take a lot of breaks. They sure seem to be slow coming off the assembly line. I want to see one on the trails ! It took me almost a mont to find one at a dealer just to see it in person. Still haven't seen one on the trails . Not buying something that has less exposure than Bigfoot. LOL
I still prefer this over the way Arctic Cat produced engine cases while EVERYONE was on break.

:mad:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I would venture to guess Yamaha knows their marketing WAY more than some guys complaining on a forum.......

They know what they're doing. They aren't hurting themselves in any way, shape or form. It's been YEARS since the RZR came out and Yamaha fell far behind with their Rhino, and the anticipation and excitement over this machine leads us to think they're hurting themselves?? Come on guys, patience is a virtue. Relax.
If they are confident in what they have, why not have demo rides set up in the regional area the car was designed for? Even with the low availability, allowing people to test the vehicle would seal the deal for many people. It also get the GP more real world info from consumers which is believable. Not just info from dealers wanting to sell it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts