Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at windshields and haven't seen anything that I feel 100% about. Factory looks ok, but wanted to know if anyone has found something better and/or cheaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the factory shield. Folding up on the roof is nice, good protection when deployed, never tried anything else. Leaned hard on the dealer for good deal. Good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
The versatility of the factory '19 has been great for me. In the tight woods with branches, I've run it closed in cold weather, propped out in warm. In open spaces or trailering, I've flipped it up on the roof.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Going to agree with the rest on the factory flip up windshield. So far only flipped it up after a rain shower and opening up an old trail. Lots of slow go and got some fogging. I actually had it down in 90 degrees and still liked it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just installed the OEM on my '19 yesterday. Kind of the best of both worlds; open or closed, plus the venting option. Don't care for the unsightly hinges, but it's a trade off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just installed the OEM on my '19 yesterday. Kind of the best of both worlds; open or closed, plus the venting option. Don't care for the unsightly hinges, but it's a trade off.
Feel the same way. Im sure the quality is good, but the hinges and blocks at rear of roof dont look the greatest.

I will say the hinges disappear somewhat if you install a light bar between them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Been looking at windshields and haven't seen anything that I feel 100% about. Factory looks ok, but wanted to know if anyone has found something better and/or cheaper.
2019 YXZ with the Extreme Metal Products full glass windshield. A quality unit for full protection with automotive glass. Great in the cooler times, I block the radiator intake in the passenger compartment because it will bring a bit too much heat into the cab.

All summer I run a UTV Headquarters 1/2 windshield in Poly carbonate just as a wind deflecter really.

The EMP has vents and cleans crystal clear just like your car.

Dwayne...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ive been running the SuperAtv Flip up windshield and absolutely love it, so much so i modified it to fit on my aftermarket cage when i got it installed. Super easy to flip up or down on the fly and has been really durable, only issue ive had is the pistons start to rattle after a few years but solved that with a bungie cord to stop it from bouncing.

I never liked the idea of the yamaha one since id be hitting it off of everything on the trails when it was flipped up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive been running the SuperAtv Flip up windshield and absolutely love it, so much so i modified it to fit on my aftermarket cage when i got it installed. Super easy to flip up or down on the fly and has been really durable, only issue ive had is the pistons start to rattle after a few years but solved that with a bungie cord to stop it from bouncing.

I never liked the idea of the yamaha one since id be hitting it off of everything on the trails when it was flipped up.
The SuperATV stuff is great. They don't make one for the 2019 roll cage yet.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The SuperATV stuff is great. They don't make one for the 2019 roll cage yet.
Just googled "superatv yxz flip winshield" and there is an option on their website for 2019+, pretty sure it just came out a few weeks ago, i know it hasnt been very long

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the yamaha windshield on my 19 ss se and I really love it. Used all 3 options this past weekend. Cold in the morning, I had it closed all the way. Got a little warmer, it cracks open about 4 inches. Then it got real warm in the afternoon, flipped it open all the way. Started raining later, closed it up tight. No complaints except the price. 800 bucks installed from yamaha dealer
I ride groomed trails in nh and maine so no worries about low hanging branches and such

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have a copy of the Yamaha instructions for the roof and windshield they could post? Just bought a used setup and have it 90% figured out, just wanna look over them

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone have a copy of the Yamaha instructions for the roof and windshield they could post? Just bought a used setup and have it 90% figured out, just wanna look over them
The instructions suck but I believe I may still have mine in the garage, I will check tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just installed a new Yamaha frt windshield. Well engineered.. Instructions pictures are hard to read. Fit and finish is good. When closed ,there is a backwash or air ,dust that is unwanted. I'm not sure if a rear shield would fix that? any feedback on rear windshields? I;m thinking maybe a mid roof vent / scoop to lessen the low pressure area created by the windshield when deployed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts