Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Yamaha will be lower than Polaris for sure, N w/o the turbo will help to keep it a lot lower. Where Yamaha will hurt Polaris in a big way is quality quality n more quality. jmho, But time will tell that's for sure.
Yamaha's quality will force Polaris and all other manufactures for that matter, to up their game...price, QC and just an overall better product. So in the end everyone wins.

I am hoping for:

16"-18" travel up front
18"-20" travel in the rear

29" or 30" tires on 14" wheels

64" width and um 90" wheelbase

130hp Na engine, one already in the family so that aftermarket sled guys can jump right in with performance parts.

I think it is going to have some type of cvt trans though, gut feeling says i don't think they are going to go away from it just yet. (hope i am wrong)

I think it will have a longer leaner look like a arctic cat and mav mixed, not the bulldog Popo look.

My thoughts especially after talking with my dealer.
60-62" width
115-130hp NA 3 cil
16-18" travel
Paddle shifters option of auto like honda
27" tires maybe 28 but Yamaha has never been big on big tires
MSRP no higher than $17,900 Yamaha is always smart on price point.
Next model will be 50" trail.

60-62" width
115-130hp NA 3 cil
16-18" travel
I hope your right about the 50" model. My feeling is that the last one released will be the 50" model. It just gives me more time to save up for it. lol

60-62" width
115-130hp NA 3 cil
16-18" travel
I can't believe it will be that cheap. My 2013 Mav was $17,500 and it was the first one my dealer had to sell.

Even though most would say the Honda isn't in the sport class one must still look at their price point of the new pioneer 1000. Yamaha needs to attract from all areas. If Yamaha doesn't come through the Honda is where I will be looking. Not exactly what were looking for but it sure has a lot of great features for a reasonable MSRP. And it's not a polaris, which I just sold to get ready for the Yamaha. Yamaha is not stupid in any way and will not price themselves out of the main market after this long. During the lawsuits of the Rhino they were spending 10 million a month for 3 plus years in lawyers. They will build a much more reliable machine for a better price. I rally hope my sources are right and it's around 17k mark.

Four Pioneer 1000 models will be offered—two in the five-person configuration and two in the three-person arrangement. All Pioneer 1000s come standard with a 999cc Unicam® twin-cylinder engine, six-speed fully automatic DCT with high/low sub-transmission, four-wheel drive and a four-mode differential lock. The Pioneer 1000 starts at $13,999. At $15,199, the Pioneer 1000 EPS gets Electric Power Steering, tilt steering wheel and colored body panels, as well as manual paddle-shift and sport DCT modes. The five-person Pioneer 1000-5 sells for $16,199, offering Honda’s exclusive QuickFlip™ convertible seating and self-leveling rear suspension, and the top-of-the-line Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe, with an SRP of $17,199, boasts 14” aluminum wheels, 27” radial tires, colored body panels and LED headlights.

Maybe some sort of hybrid between trailing arm and a-arm like on the Maverick.
I'd be ok with something like that, would work good for us rock crawling, hi-country back trail guys who aren't always going 60-70mph across the desert (but still can), lol.

I'm Ok with either trailing arms or A-arm set up, as long as it doesn't have the CVT belt and it puts down some serious hp to the wheels.
Either set up can be made to work great for recreational riding

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.