Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW,
Yamaha / SSV Works audio system available for the new Yamaha YXZ 1000

Yamaha and SSV Works® collaborated on the design for this Overhead Audio System for the YXZ1000R™. Designed to withstand harsh conditions, the system preserves valuable cargo space by mounting two speakers overhead and utilizes the dash area for the audio controls.

Other features include: Waterproof, marine-grade, two-way, 6.5" speakers Audio control on the dash (volume, track, forward/back, play/pause) and 3.5mm AUX input for MP3 or Sirius XM® Radio, and a 12V DC charge port Bluetooth® connectivity SSV Works® output connector for system expansion Includes accessory Switch Panel Kit To further enhance this system, add on the accessory Rear Speaker Pods and Powered Subwoofer (sold separately) - See more at: https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/...X+Side&d=2&dealernumber=#sthash.GUJfDeMO.dpuf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any pics of the subwoofer and closeup of the dash bard with the stereo? Do you have an available date for the system My dealer has no clue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the full system and a 33" led bar. No need for alternator yet. I watched my voltmeter like a hawk at first. No issues. Also, I run a lighted whip with it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Technology Electronics . The radio unit is super easy to install. Had to modify the brackets to hold in place on the cage or they would slide all over the place. Nothing a slight bend in the bracket didn't fix. The sub woofer was easy as well. I used a lift at work so I didn't have to lay down to pull off the lower panels and easier to mount the sub. I'm very disappointed in the sub though it's almost unnoticeable even on the highest setting. The basic overhead kit sounds good though. It's nice to have the radio going while out cruising around. Just wish the sub actually could be heard or even feel a rumble seeing it's right under my butt.

·
Registered
150 Posts
View attachment 14409 . The radio unit is super easy to install. Had to modify the brackets to hold in place on the cage or they would slide all over the place. Nothing a slight bend in the bracket didn't fix. The sub woofer was easy as well. I used a lift at work so I didn't have to lay down to pull off the lower panels and easier to mount the sub. I'm very disappointed in the sub though it's almost unnoticeable even on the highest setting. The basic overhead kit sounds good though. It's nice to have the radio going while out cruising around. Just wish the sub actually could be heard or even feel a rumble seeing it's right under my butt.
I have heard this before on the rzr models. Think most people end up keeping the enclosure and buying a better amp and speaker. I wonder if the sub enclosure can be bought unloaded? I know years ago I bought unloaded pods for my rzr

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really like the overhead unit and the Bluetooth is awesome. It sounds pretty good. I'm not a big bass guy but if I pay for a sub I want to hear it at least a little bit. Even when testing it without the seat or panels installed I still couldn't notice it if I turned it on and off. Not noticeable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with you on the sub, it's very disappointing especially for $550. You honestly can't even tell it's on. I sent SSV an email asking them if I had done something wrong because they mention that you can "feel" the sub and I can't. I never got a response....

·
Registered
30 Posts
I took it off to install it. Just some screws and two Allen screws. I can hear the overhead with a helmet on at 75 mph so it's plenty loud enough. Loses some volume and clarity if you use a auxiliary cable instead of Bluetooth. Overall I like it. But I think I wasted 550 bucks on the sub. Maybe eventually I'll just put a better sub and amp in the ssv enclosure.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.