Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory UTV Steel UTV Spare Tire Dual Clamp Mount Kit allows you to easily mount a spare tire to your roll cage. The dual clamp kit is extra strong and allows positioning the tire so it does not block your view from your rear view mirror. Built from Steel tubing and powder-coated for a tough beautiful finish . Makes a real slick Spare Tire mount option for your YXZ, that still allows the use of your bed space for other objects. This is a bolt on item and comes complete with whip mount tab and all hardware to mount bar. $229 with forum member discount. Use code spare2

Yamaha YXZ 1000 Dual Clamp Spare Tire Mount

yxzsparemount1.jpg

yxzspare2.jpg

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Good Stuff right there! I would like V bar that clamps on like this in the windshield area.

I will keep watch on what all you guys come out with.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Factory UTV Steel UTV Spare Tire Dual Clamp Mount Kit allows you to easily mount a spare tire to your roll cage. The dual clamp kit is extra strong and allows positioning the tire so it does not block your view from your rear view mirror. Built from Steel tubing and powder-coated for a tough beautiful finish . Makes a real slick Spare Tire mount option for your YXZ, that still allows the use of your bed space for other objects. This is a bolt on item and comes complete with whip mount tab and all hardware to mount bar. $229 with forum member discount. Use code spare2

Has it been tested in high-speed rough conditions, so it will not bend or break? Will it interfere with the box that mounts in the back that Yamaha offers as an accessory?

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Stuff right there! I would like V bar that clamps on like this in the windshield area.

I will keep watch on what all you guys come out with.
Thanks for the nice words, actually we do have one done, just not yet up on site yet with pretty powder-coated pics. Give the shop a call to order 916-383-2730

Intrusionbar.jpg

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Has it been tested in high-speed rough conditions, so it will not bend or break? Will it interfere with the box that mounts in the back that Yamaha offers as an accessory?
Had the same setup working on Mavericks and XP's for a while now with no issues. I have not tried the Yamaha box out yet although I do like it and plan to run it. Soon as I can get my hands on one I'll let you know.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Yamaha YXZ 1000 Dual Clamp Spare Tire Mount

View attachment 1875

View attachment 1876
anyone install this with the oem rear cargo box as well? I have the cargo box installed. Wondering if this thing impedes the opening of it much..

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I like this design -

I agree with the earlier comment. That heavy tire is going to put alot of force on those clamps.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The cg on this is crazy. I also dont think the clamps will hold up. Also rear vision is shot with a tire mounted so high. The Yamaha rack is nice, cg low, weight aft to help our shocks. I put one one and its built like a tank.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have this and actually have the tire spun so it is parallel with the rear roll cage bars. Thought it looked stupid with the tire laying flat. Hit some pretty nasty whoops at high speed at so far so good.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Will this clear the factory cargo box? Obviously it would impede opening, but would it slide down the rear bars to position the tire over it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Will this clear the factory cargo box? Obviously it would impede opening, but would it slide down the rear bars to position the tire over it?

I wonder the same. Really like the mount, but I want the Yamaha box and not sure they will work together. Hopefully someone from Factory UTV will chime in soon.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Last trip a Rzr had that setup the spare got loose and and durring break I tightened it up for him, we were standing around having a drink and a few minutes later we heard a loud pop the center nut broke through the plastic cone. The factory center cone is metal and you can tighten a lot better, no squeaks or rattles

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not to mention it makes your YXZ look like a E3 AWACS , watch out for the Russians. lol
LMAO That is awesome, I have a little over 2k hrs on the AWACS...

Reactions: Zilla
1 - 16 of 16 Posts