Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would like to see a manual clutch paddle added near each shift paddle, shouldnt be all that difficult mechanically speaking, are you listening Yamaha?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you guys are right, a six speed with a lower first gear for crawling would be the way to go. A low range gear box would only add weight and more expence.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Since I sold my 2nd YXZ back in April, not part of this group like I used to be. However, I attended the Rally On The Rocks in Moab a few weeks ago. I met with some of the Yamaha brass at the event. I questioned them regarding the future of the YXZ, their response did not invite much excitement IMO. They usually won't talk futures with anyone, but all I got was that they plan on supporting the YXZ for a least a couple more years. Also, no 4 seater YXZ is coming if anyone was wondering about that. I think Yamaha is going to focus on the sport utility and utility SXS market and keep a tight grip on their motorcycle market share. I think the sport SXS marketplace is not their focus at the present. They did not even have a YXZ on display at the vendor show, it was all RMAX. I will say, I sure enjoyed my time with the YXZ's especially my 2019 SS SE.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since I sold my 2nd YXZ back in April, not part of this group like I used to be. However, I attended the Rally On The Rocks in Moab a few weeks ago. I met with some of the Yamaha brass at the event. I questioned them regarding the future of the YXZ, their response did not invite much excitement IMO. They usually won't talk futures with anyone, but all I got was that they plan on supporting the YXZ for a least a couple more years. Also, no 4 seater YXZ is coming if anyone was wondering about that. I think Yamaha is going to focus on the sport utility and utility SXS market and keep a tight grip on their motorcycle market share. I think the sport SXS marketplace is not their focus at the present. They did not even have a YXZ on display at the vendor show, it was all RMAX.
i wouldnt read to much into that, sales are still higher vs demand and the fact that they didnt have 1 on display could indicate an all new one is coming and they need to sell out of the 2021's before bringing a new model to market, or it could mean nothing. I was a Ducati, Triumph, KTM dealer and when we would attend the dealer meetings and a new model was being released, such as when Ducati launched the Panigale superbike they had us sign non disclosure docs and in that case even took our phones away from us on the way into the session where they unleashed it. Manufactures will keep big model changes pretty quiet until they are ready to show the world on their terms. Either way time will tell, the good news is we are all excited for the future!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Keeping quiet on new releases is the dumbest marketing strategy ever. To this day, I don't understand why they do that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did anyone see advertisements for the YXZ? I didn't and why I missed out on them until 2020. Yamaha should be buying some of the videos of us having fun in the their machines and make commercials. Any way I think more advertising for sure is needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did anyone see advertisements for the YXZ? I didn't and why I missed out on them until 2020. Yamaha should be buying some of the videos of us having fun in the their machines and make commercials. Any way I think more advertising for sure is needed.
I tend to agree, i have known about SxS for a long time at a hi-level but zero about the yxz. I stumbled into them just a few months ago wanting to swap my old scooter for a new Zuma. Long story short i have an ss se on order due in August or September, at least thats what they tell me. The dealer insists it is going to be blue despite Yamaha showing nothing of a blue 2021 SS SE leading me to believe its really going to be a 2022. Either way its going to be a long summer waiting!!!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts