Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like the Yamaha YXZ is going to be a true sport machine and that leads me to wonder what sort of 4wd system and driveline will it have? Do you think it will have any sort of a low range gearbox or locking diffs?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'm curious about the divorced transmission and a wet clutch. So you'll have to change the trans and engine oil too or is it all tied together? Wonder how the transmission oil flows and if it goes to a cooler. Maybe it goes Cooler, motor, transmission back to cooler?

·
Registered
112 Posts
When you guys talk about a divorced transmission, can you explain what that means. If that means they are separate, wouldn't they have their own oil fills and separate sumps?? Just trying to get educated, thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
When you guys talk about a divorced transmission, can you explain what that means. If that means they are separate, wouldn't they have their own oil fills and separate sumps?? Just trying to get educated, thanks.
Yup. The rzrs are separate or divorced. The rhino and wildcat use an old quad motor so there a single unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It means the trans is not directly connected to motor, contained in it's own case. It has a drive shaft between it and the motor. Some 4x4s had divorced transfer cases.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the fact that they are divorced for the simple fact that if something were to happen to either one it is self contained and easy to pull apart and get to the issue. Instead of tearing into a motor because a tranny gear blew and possibly caused more damage.

But who am I kidding its a Yamaha there won't be any issues! LOL

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I like the fact that they are divorced for the simple fact that if something were to happen to either one it is self contained and easy to pull apart and get to the issue. Instead of tearing into a motor because a tranny gear blew and possibly caused more damage.

But who am I kidding its a Yamaha there won't be any issues! LOL
I agree 100%.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts