Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things are fun!
I have now put about 200 miles on my SE, and I can't wait to get back out for more.
This car is everything that I had hoped it would be after watching the press videos Yamaha had put out.
It's a different car to drive from the XP1000 (sold mine for this) but different can be a good thing. It takes hits like a champ, and tracks well thru rough, rocky whoops found out here in the desert. Its nimble, and even a little nervous at speed, thats a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you like to drive. The motor is really a blast, reminding me of the days of riding the Banshee. Keep it in the upper revs and this thing is amazing. If your lazy and don't shift a lot, it feels kind of sluggish. You have to relearn the way you drive to get the best of this car. I think for that reason, most people will either really love this car, or have nothing good to say about it. But if you like to drive fast thru the trails, this car doesn't disappoint. I don't think it would do as well in the wet muddy areas or rock crawling as the CVT cars, but the focus of this car seems to be more desert than swamp. The front fenders are there for looks only, as any mud you run thru goes straight up and covers the driver/passenger. Riding in real wet conditions doesn't look like much fun. Hopefully El Nino doesn't make for too much of the wet rides.

Can wait for the dunes...gonna be a ball!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Thanks for your perspective! I'll add mine after this weekend! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.