Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have 2016 YXZ1000. I just got it.
1700 miles and 77 hrs. I’ve gone thru and change all the fluids and greased everything. I changed plugs and the plugs I pulled out were coal black. Not nice and tan like everyone says. I replaced them fired up the machine and it idled ok. I have drove it on a couple of short rides and I pulled a plug out just to check it and I was coal black again. I did a couple of full throttle pulls on my ride, so I thought they should have been more tan.
So... what do I start checking? ECM hasn’t been reflashed( don’t see any markings)
Idles ok but sometimes wants to die when I pull up to a stop.
I have changed both air filters with GYTR filters.
I have checked the injectors with spray and they don’t seem to be loose.
All the vacuum lines seem tight.
And when I drive it, it seems like it should have more snap, it’s running way to rich for a 4 stroke....
All 3 plugs are the same and even new plugs went coal black also after riding.
Anyone have ideas on what I should check?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Add a full exhaust ;) I'd take it out and actually use it and put some new fuel in it. I have more miles than that on my 20.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just because the ECU isn’t marked doesn’t mean it hasn’t been flashed. Sounds like it has been flashed and agree with Sandman, put an exhaust or at least the Alba spark arrestor and let it eat.

Reactions: Srhiskx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have an Alba spark arrestor on order. Has fresh fuel in it. I don’t know how long it sat before I got it. Fresh fuel was one of the first things I did.

·
Registered
2016 YXZ1000R
85 Posts
Post up an update on the plugs after opening it up. Mine was lean from the factory so I would guess you already have a tune that richens it up, once I had mine tuned my plugs weren't lean and never coal black.. Open it up!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts