Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
I know what you want to hear (or say): the YXZ is a total piece of shit…the Maverick is much better.

Nasty. ASSumptions

·
Registered
264 Posts
With track racing you need to hit the jumps right to land in the sweet spot (if the track is good and set up for UTVs) Other than that, I think with all the adjustability in the shocks, the YXZ should be able to launch well

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looks to be only that one jump he had issues with. That said could be suspension setup and or letting off gas too soon in the air causing the front to drop too fast. I wouldn't worry about one video too much. Way too many variables.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Could have been a few different things. Jumping a utv is very tricky (at least it has been for me). 5 times will be perfect, then the nose will fall, or I come up short and it bounces off the top.

And, did you notice he popped his right rear right after that landing too.

Fun little race to watch tho

·
Registered
681 Posts
Actually, I paid full amount for the Yxz and waiting it to arrive.
Sorry man…I'm used to people trying to rain on the YXZ parade (like Kalop).

Increasing the rebound dampening should help the nose down attitude. This is assuming the jump face is long enough and the driver doesn't let off the gas until the car is in the air.

I hope your YXZ arrives quickly…please let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unfortunately Yama and fox are aware of the rear suspension probl it is way way over sprung .. We race some in woods and as of right now I could run away from a yzx in my old wildcat x limited. There not even close I race motorcross and woods on bikes 20+ years and I pretty dang fast I know how to set up suspension. We have been on phone with fox and they are working on a fix .. There is a guy on here that already has a crossover with a tender spring and says it helps a lot I am going to way and see what yama does and fox. This is not a opinion it is a fact I can show 2 pics just like this one yzx on it's nose at 40 ft and my old x flat as a board at 60+ ft ... I freeking love love my yzx and it is more fun than anything I have ever drove but the rear just sucks balls period. They will come up with a fix I'm not that worried about it. But I just like to know how what we have is so different from the ones they used on press day. I will bet 1000$ if they hit the same set of whoops in mine like they did on press day they would be on there lid faster than you can say shit. Lol. No big deal part if it. Just like to know why such a difference

·
Registered
582 Posts
You guys are all over anal-lizing this. If there were a proper amount of beer in a cooler strapped to the back, the jumps all would have been picture purrrfect!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not sure about the jump but that was a fun little race to watch.

I didn't expect the Yxz to pull that hard off the line, and then kudos to both drivers for those couple of corners they were side by side (pun possibly intended) they kept it clean and went hard.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Not sure about the jump but that was a fun little race to watch.

I didn't expect the Yxz to pull that hard off the line, and then kudos to both drivers for those couple of corners they were side by side (pun possibly intended) they kept it clean and went hard.
Now we know why 1st gear is kind of tall. It's for getting holeshots :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Now we know why 1st gear is kind of tall. It's for getting holeshots :D
Yup - for sure.

So the story goes the Mav hit's the YXZ early in the race and the YXZ basically has a flat tire for most of the race. The YXZ was going to make it to the final heat so he backed off. In the final heat, the Mav blew a tie-rod and DNF. The YXZ with a flat tire came behind a turbo RZR in the final heat.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yup - for sure.

So the story goes the Mav hit's the YXZ early in the race and the YXZ basically has a flat tire for most of the race. The YXZ was going to make it to the final heat so he backed off. In the final heat, the Mav blew a tie-rod and DNF. The YXZ with a flat tire came behind a turbo RZR in the final heat.
Yeah the Mav smacks the drivers rear in the very first turn and the YXZ was working with a flat there the rest of the race.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately Yama and fox are aware of the rear suspension probl it is way way over sprung .. We race some in woods and as of right now I could run away from a yzx in my old wildcat x limited. There not even close I race motorcross and woods on bikes 20+ years and I pretty dang fast I know how to set up suspension. We have been on phone with fox and they are working on a fix .. There is a guy on here that already has a crossover with a tender spring and says it helps a lot I am going to way and see what yama does and fox. This is not a opinion it is a fact I can show 2 pics just like this one yzx on it's nose at 40 ft and my old x flat as a board at 60+ ft ... I freeking love love my yzx and it is more fun than anything I have ever drove but the rear just sucks balls period. They will come up with a fix I'm not that worried about it. But I just like to know how what we have is so different from the ones they used on press day. I will bet 1000$ if they hit the same set of whoops in mine like they did on press day they would be on there lid faster than you can say shit. Lol. No big deal part if it. Just like to know why such a difference
I had the opposite impression from that demo track. The jumps and whoops we're artificially and perfectly spaced with just the right approach. It's like they adjusted the track to the shocks instead of the shocks to the track. Of course at the time we didn't know issues couldn't be adjusted out. But at least the shocks are heavy duty and can be fixed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts