Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
He was slipping the hell out if it but I been that bad or worse climbing some big hills and the water couldn't have had anything to do with it unless he had a seal bad. Kinda weird. I'd like to know what they found when they opened it up ???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Havent had a chance to look at this, but im sure the gearbox/clutch has a breather. it could possible be mounted too low. Water in thru this could cause the clutch to slip. If that's it, easy fix.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The Clutch has been a hot topic lately with the YXZ saga. It sucks because the clutch system is directly linked to the operator. I watched the video a few times. This guy appears to be running the snot out of this machine. Was the clutch abused for awhile? Is there a issue with the OEM clutch design?

So far so good with my YXZ, I have done alot of hill climbing and riding and no issues. The clutch feels great.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You guys are sooooo predictable.... it's always DRIVER ERROR.

Kool aid runs deep.

Reactions: jfulps

·
Registered
225 Posts
WTF, Dude should have bought a canoe
This is obviously the play pond at rock run he should have made it through this .I think he had problems prior to going in mayb . We ride there alot and have been through this hole dozens of times . With all brands of sxs and quads it has a semi solid bottom .However dont try the catails to the left in the photo we cant make it through there lol

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Geez.....Like I said before, there's friggin idiots out there that can break ANYTHING.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I am thinking the clutch was slipping itself and not the driver riding the clutch. To me, These pedals don't have enough for to "ride and slip" unless you are driving bare foot. lol

Looks like someone needs to list up what springs need to be replaced with which plates.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i think you get sombody like corry and jason weller and add a turbo and 30 " tires and they have no issues with clutch, but this moron tries to make a submarine out of a desert car and blows a clutch and its yamahas fault and the warrenty book even says no tires brakes or clutch , quit whinning if you dont know how to drive it then it might cost you some parts to figure it out

1 - 20 of 78 Posts