Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My back ground. I have been riding bikes over forty five years
I had eight Rekluse clutch system in different bikes currently the 3.0 in a 570 Husaberg ( best all around fun bike I have ever owned) and a new husky 250 two stroke for gnarly trails.
My information on different forms is fact not B S.
Installed Rekluse same day I pick up the YXZ (I drove a stock YXZ and new it would not work for what I was going to be doing)
First two hundred miles in Nevada were tight rocky sand washes with one to two foot step-ups and 45 degree inclines with soft ball to bowling ball sized rock's. Lots of high speed sandy roads and some very slow going in sage brush with hidden rocks. The buggy work perfect, would crawl 4 mph at 1800 rpm or run flat out at a governed GPS 78mph at 8500 rpm. With the additional two thousand rpm available when reprogramed the 10500 red line should be a rush!
The Rekluse starts to engage moving the buggy at 1800 rpm locks at 2300 rpm this works perfect for slow speeds work.
I just returned from Utah rode three days east of Ephraim and Manti from 5000 feet to 10600 feet, rode mud, rocks, and snow, very steep rutted, tree roots and rocks the YXZ and the Rekluse work better than I would have ever guessed, walked up everything I put in front of it without stalling.
From Manti we went to the San Rafael Swell, rode on the north and south side of I-70 been riding dirt bikes there since 1988.
This area was the ultimate test for the buggy and the Rekluse. Very gnarly rocky two foot step ups 50 to 55degree incline that were two to three hundred yards long, speed was 3 to 8 mph, bouncing over large boulders, very narrow trail you had to stay hooked up with traction no spinning of tires or off a two hundred foot ledge you could go. I was concern about clutch heat from working the clutch so hard for long runs with some slippage, the buggy and Rekluse out did my expectations.
Rode over six hundred miles in Utah. Long sandy washes were a blast and the steep rock covered trails were challenging but fun.
This is my first four wheeler, I am a well seasoned off road rider, the buggy well never replace all the years of bike riding BUT it is the next best thing I have found for thrilling fun.
There were four RZR 1000 in our group always stopping to engage low range. The rzr guys were believers in the YXZ at the end of the seven days in Utah.
The only issue I HAD was all the paint is gone on the bottom of the rear control arms.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not to be negative, but This almost sounds like damage control
The big advantage the Recluse has is it takes the driver out of the equation to a certain extent. It makes sense that the Recluse would save the clutch in the terrain described in the post with an experienced driver.
If the guy in the water would have had a Recluse I bet he would not have killed the clutch, unless he tried to hold the speed at 2mph and slipped it the whole time.

I'm happy to hear the recluse works so well

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have over 500 miles on my YXZ -- I have put this unit through everything! Mud, water up to my butt, rock crawling in Moab for two days, sand dunes, mountain trails, etc.
The first thing I did was learn HOW to use the clutch, and just not go crazy with it until I did (rarely stalled at that point). At the 400 mile mark, I installed the Rekluse. It does help when getting out of the
gate regardless of the terrain. Just tonight, I went through a big ditch at very slow speed and RPM -- it crawled right through it (would have been very hard to do before and not stall). If you need more RPM,
then just feather the clutch a bit and it takes right off.

The Rekluse manages the clutching process very well until it is fully engaged, then releases the powertrain at idle again. I spent a full day at the dunes just after I installed it, was happy
with how it operates. I am looking forward to next week heading to the CST Adventure Rally in St. George, Utah and testing the ReKluse in the rocks. During my two days in Moab, I did not
stall the YXZ even once when rock crawling on three different trails all rated DIFFICULT. There is NO place in the world like Moab, Utah for UTV's -- 3000 miles of trails of all types and all skill levels.
I cannot get over how much fun I have had driving my YXZ, not perfect, but with some tweaking -- Yamaha has a real game changer here. Heads turn wherever I go!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Glad to hear a post from someone who sounds like they know a thing or to .... I have my recluse on order. I also race motor for 20
+ years and i still do. ... And I agree this is closest thing I have drove for excitement level. Thanks for the report !

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Negative and cynical,What kind of damage would the OP be trying to control? He just posting about his personal experience's
Not cynical just cautious thats all. I dont want to be a doubter and I am not saying its not a true statement. I am simply stating that it sounds like damage control by Yamaha. Consider this: Its only his 2nd post, and he is member # 809, yet he has over 800 miles on it WITH a recluse clutch. How did it get that many miles so fast? How did he get the recluse clutch so fast when parts are not available and back ordered? Just things to consider.
We all know Yamaha people are listening and watching this forum, so if we think they would not post stuff like this to mitigate bad press then we are only fooling ourself.
Dont get me wrong, I like Yamaha and want this machine but I am just cautious with this much detailed info. If it is legit and trust me, I hope it is then its GREAT news !!
If this is a true testimonial then my apolgizes for doubting the OP.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not cynical just cautious thats all. I dont want to be a doubter and I am not saying its not a true statement. I am simply stating that it sounds like damage control by Yamaha. Consider this: Its only his 2nd post, and he is member # 809, yet he has over 800 miles on it WITH a recluse clutch. How did it get that many miles so fast? How did he get the recluse clutch so fast when parts are not available and back ordered? Just things to consider.
We all know Yamaha people are listening and watching this forum, so if we think they would not post stuff like this to mitigate bad press then we are only fooling ourself.
Dont get me wrong, I like Yamaha and want this machine but I am just cautious with this much detailed info. If it is legit and trust me, I hope it is then its GREAT news !!
I agree, kind of similar to member 900 and something joining 2 days ago only to report a blown clutch after driving a half mile....

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put 85 miles at Durham town in one day in like 4 hours. I was obviously doing over 40 most the time but he states he rode for 10 days!! Not to hard to run 800 miles in 10 days. You may be right but this is not impossible either. I could've contacted recluse n had the clutch before I had my machine. Now that people actually have the machines everyone is ordering parts so now they are out of stock. BUT if would've planned ahead it might of been possible. When your pockets are full anything is possible.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well his first post was talking about the first modding being the Rekluse clutch and that was almost a month ago on 10-6. I don't see anything fishy after reading that first post. It's also very easy to put on 800 miles in a month. Maybe he hasn't been posting because he's been riding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wonder if he may be actually using his machine instead of just reading about them on the internet.... just a thought :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would think that any moderator...or at least an administrator...could seen an IP address and deduct who/where it's from. It's hard to call BS from our end...whether compliment for this machine or complaint...especially when no one here knows who the unknown/new OP is.

This site is owned by a company that owns several forums. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to see duplicate IP addresses from people and when/where they have posted.

I am not a website owner/administrator...but If I was...I would have a running total of IP addresses of the "posters." I would guess it wouldn't be that hard to find the genuine "victims" as well as the genuine "happy owners" vs saboteurs/trolls/fakes.

FWIW, I am not at all commenting on the validity of this OP's post. If he/she is happy, congrats!

....just sayin

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The admins or mods on this forum are not existent. With all the trolls on here I think the mods have stepped in 1 time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts