Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I rolled my yxz and luckily the pass ended up okay as well as myself. The yxz frame not so much. The rear drivers wheel has a lot of camber and has pushed the frame and actually cracked it upon further inspection. Also I did notice the front a arm area also has a lot of stress marks which could possibly be from how easy I drive the car hahah or the accident. It also has some cracks and is sitting about 1in lower on pass side. I’ve turned into insurance and hoping they don’t total and if they do I may buy it back. Anyone paid for a frame swap. There is no fixing it at this point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I will for sure do the gussets. How long did the swap take? They say about a 30 hour job

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I will for sure do the gussets. How long did the swap take? They say about a 30 hour job

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
30 hours in a shop with a lift and all the other supporting tools at your disposal. He has been on that thing for three weeks but has done a lot of custom stuff.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Yeah really the frame swap not too bad, shops i called wanted close to $4k in labor for frame swap, figured for that much i could get a killer roll and seats to go with my new frame, and then the list grew, and grew, and grew. With all the add on’s i did about 4 weeks back and running, just waiting that cage shipment to show up now.

·
Registered
872 Posts
30 hours in a shop with a lift and all the other supporting tools at your disposal. He has been on that thing for three weeks but has done a lot of custom stuff.
Thanks to some help from a new friend and family i got through the heavy stuff i could not do alone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got my car back up and running again. Insurance kept haggling me around so I went out on a limb and let fireball racing take care of it. Let me tell you those guys are by far the nicest, easiest and straight forward people I’ve ever met in my life. They went ahead and fixed my frame damage, installed the rayscar gusset Kit through the car and installed my long travel kit I bought from them. They did an outstanding job. There is no way it could of been fixed any better. All the repair work was thought out with the placement of the gussets and removal of the diff and all of that stuff. The long travel Dosent even make the car feel like the same car it’s insane. Never would I have thought that just long travel would make that much of a difference. I can finally keep up and supersede x3s and rzrs out in the desert. It’s a totally diffrent car. I would highly recommend Fireball. There kit was 100% complete and makes a world of difference. Everything from the welds down the the powdercoat is just phenomenal. Very professional shop!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts