Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 99458

Yamaha, YXZ Headlight Kit, Sport
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/yamaha-yxz-headlight-replacement-kit-sport.asp

The days of rushing back to camp before the sun goes down are over thanks to Baja Designs plug and play Yamaha YXZ Headlight Kit. Producing an impressive 12,600 lumens from a total of 4 Squadron-R Sport auxiliary lights, this kit will provide enough light for every type of terrain your Yamaha YXZ will encounter. The kit is completely plug and play, and retains the stock high/low functionality.

Includes:

Two Squadron-R Sport Combo Auxiliary Lights
Two Squadron-R Sport Spot Auxiliary Lights
Four Yamaha YXZ Specific Mounting Brackets
Four Plug & Play Wiring Harness Adapters
Hardware & Zip Ties

$644.95 (10% OFF + $5 Shipping with coupon code BDForums!)
www.bajadesigns.com
39179911291_11740b170e_b.jpg

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
What is the wattage draw on these, 4 stock oem lights vs. this replacement kit?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Will be interested in impressions/feedback from the first member that tries out set of these. I'd do it, but just purchased a 40" single row light bar for mine.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
How many lumens do the stock lights produce?
For comparison's sake, I'd be interested in knowing that figure myself. I know the single row 40" light bar I'm planning on adding is 10,800 lumens at 120w draw.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bailey, is the pro model in works? You sold me one for my 350 husky and I love it.
This kit will only be available in the Sport version. With the output of the YXZ's electrical system there is no way to add pro's and keep the kit plug and play

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many lumens do the stock lights produce?
We do not know the LED type that Yamaha uses on the factory headlight. The only information we know is Wattage vs. Wattage.
The factory headlights on High Beam are rated 12.4W each. OEM 49.6 watts vs. Our 80 watts Total

Lumen count isn't everything. You can compare our 1,800 Lumen light vs. a competitors 2,600 Lumens and we will put out more usable light.
It all comes down to the LED type and the optics being used. Each optic is designed to illuminate one or more of eight specific Lighting Zones.
Our racing engineers were the first to define these lighting zones and to design specific patterns for the lesser known cornering, dust/fog and High Speed Spot zones.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
We do not know the LED type that Yamaha uses on the factory headlight. The only information we know is Wattage vs. Wattage.
The factory headlights on High Beam are rated 12.4W each. OEM 49.6 watts vs. Our 80 watts Total

Lumen count isn't everything. You can compare our 1,800 Lumen light vs. a competitors 2,600 Lumens and we will put out more usable light.
It all comes down to the LED type and the optics being used. Each optic is designed to illuminate one or more of eight specific Lighting Zones.
Our racing engineers were the first to define these lighting zones and to design specific patterns for the lesser known cornering, dust/fog and High Speed Spot zones.

helpful info

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Does the front plastic block any light from the headlights?
Yamaha insists not, but I really have to wonder. These lights stock are not bright enough...I find it's too easy to out drive them, especially in the dunes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yamaha insists not, but I really have to wonder. These lights stock are not bright enough...I find it's too easy to out drive them, especially in the dunes.
It's easy to out drive stock lights on the dirt as well... after I install light bar, may have to look into these. You can never have enough light!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts