Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaron's ride looks smooth-riding toodling along behind you. Might even use the word "plush" to describe how that looked.
I actually thought that too watching it back. I will say judging by some of his comments this weekend he was getting tossed around in the cab.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cool Vid Marc. I liked the helmet Cam view. gave me a good perspective of shifting. Seemed liked you were able to keep it in the same gear most of the trail until you opened it up for a second and then upshift then quickly downshift. When you were slightly below the power band how was the power? Is it like an old Two stroke with no power valve...on or off? or does it do "Ok" under the power curve? thanks! Oh yeah...If anyone knows?..?...how is the below the powerband power changed when I turbo is installed? Is there less, more or somewhat the same? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool Vid Marc. I liked the helmet Cam view. gave me a good perspective of shifting. Seemed liked you were able to keep it in the same gear most of the trail until you opened it up for a second and then upshift then quickly downshift. When you were slightly below the power band how was the power? Is it like an old Two stroke with no power valve...on or off? or does it do "Ok" under the power curve? thanks! Oh yeah...If anyone knows?..?...how is the below the powerband power changed when I turbo is installed? Is there less, more or somewhat the same? Thanks!
At 5k rpm's it will still pull through a corner, much below that and I'll down shift
I'm to the point with it now that I don't look at the tach very often, shifting by engine noise has gotten pretty natural.

·
Banned
228 Posts
I actually thought that too watching it back. I will say judging by some of his comments this weekend he was getting tossed around in the cab.
The ride was ok, I wouldn't say "plush", you'd have to have a trophy truck to call those trails plush, those are some big ass whoops! And we were hitting them at a pretty good click. The rear never bottomed out, I ran the front shocks at 6 clicks from the softest and experimented from there, I ended up at about 18 clicks from the softest, in the dunes, transitions, g outs worked great, in the whoops where I could carry a lot of speed and stay on top it worked great, it's the whoop sections that you have to slow down and speed up that beat the **** outta you, some of those are 2-3' deep. Every car there did great this weekend. Yes... Including the yxz...

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice Vid !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts